Is the Aeon Multisensor 6 showing wrong temperature values by default?

I mostly have Secure Temperature sensors for controlling heat. In a couple of rooms I’ve also installed the Aeon Multisensor 6 to detect motion for turning light on/off.

The Multisensor 6 also have a temperature sensor built in but on the two multisensors I have I see that they report a temperature which are 6-7C higher than what my Secure temperature sensors does in the same room. The only difference is that the Multisensors are located in the roof while the Secure temperature sensors are mounted on the wall about 1.5 meters from the floor.

The difference in the temperature up at the roof can not be that large. Is there anyone else experiencing that the Aeon Multisensor 6 is reporting wrong temperatures?

I can confirm I had to compensate the reported temp with - 3,5 Centigrades to get the correct value

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi trygve,

This doesn’t address your question, but could describe your heat control system? I’ve been trying to understand the hardware configuration used in the many posts that seem to be using Vera as a “virtual thermostat”.

Thanks

JohnRob

I have one and have never had an issue but I’ve read elsewhere that under usb power there are a batch that read 5 degrees too high.

Is yours usb?

Yes. My sensors are actually USB powered.

They are bought from two different shops in two different countries so that must have affected a quite large batch.

I’m not sure the breadth of the issue but know some people have it, some don’t.

Strange one I know.

Can you try batteries and test to see if it reads lower?

I can try and see if it reacts differently. Though, I’m not using the temperature on these device to anything though. I was just wondering.