Is Signal Level reported by USB RFXtrx?

My LWRF devices seem to report Signal Level (as per example below). Does the plug-in capture and expose this variable? I think it could be useful if it was available because:
1). You can troubleshoot devices that are performing unreliably due to weak signal.
2). May help identify whether a newly appeared device is likely to be from your neighbour (e.g. a low signal is a good clue).

I’m not sure if other protocols also report signal level, but if so, then it could be a useful feature for all.

[tt]0A14000300068E10030060
Packettype = Lighting5
subtype = LightwaveRF
Sequence nbr = 3
ID = 00068E
Unit = 16
Command = Group Mood 1
Signal level = 6[/tt]

No, it is not.
No standard variable to store this information and no way to be displayed in the dashboard for the standard devices (temperature, humidity, switch light, …).

Where is the code from? It would be helpful to know. Cheers
J

How can you see this signal level as reported in the original question?

I have recently bought the RFXtrx along with a Lightwave RF master switch. The LightwaveRF switch is operating the lights but very intermittently. I will work for 5 mins, then not work for 10 and so on. I am wondering if it is a signal issue.

Many thanks

What version of the the firmware do you have?
I found that v65 or v64 didn’t work that well. V66 was a big improvement but has a bug - wait until they release v67. It will work better then probably.
Edit: v67 came out 7th June. Try that first, big improvements on lightwaveRF stuff. PIR’s and remotes work well too.

Apologies for the horrendously late reply.

Im not sure about RFXtrx firmware - but certainly not updated since 7 June. How do you update the firmware?

You can find all the information you need about firmware updateing in the rfxtrx user guide from here → Downloads

From the same download page you can find the latest firmware and firmware update tool.

Br/Tomas

[quote=“jtmoore, post:1, topic:175402”]My LWRF devices seem to report Signal Level (as per example below). Does the plug-in capture and expose this variable? I think it could be useful if it was available because:
1). You can troubleshoot devices that are performing unreliably due to weak signal.
2). May help identify whether a newly appeared device is likely to be from your neighbour (e.g. a low signal is a good clue).

I’m not sure if other protocols also report signal level, but if so, then it could be a useful feature for all.

[tt]0A14000300068E10030060
Packettype = Lighting5
subtype = LightwaveRF
Sequence nbr = 3
ID = 00068E
Unit = 16
Command = Group Mood 1
Signal level = 6[/tt][/quote]

Has anybody worked out how to get this signal level report ? I would like to run that on a few lightwaveRF devices to see if that explains the unreliability

I think that’s from the rfxmngr-program. Connect the device to the PC and start the program. Can be downloaded from rfxcom.com.

Yes, RFXmngr application displays this information.

My plugin does not save this information.