Is it worth going from a Vera3 to a Veraplus or wait?

Been running on UI5 for the longest time. I took the plunged today and upgraded back to UI7 and to my surprise, seems like all the things I needed working works with one exception… I’m out of memory.

Long story short, I’m tempted to buy a VeraPlus hoping things will operate faster with the additional memory available on the Vera3, also I have a few Zwave plus device so might as well.

Was wondering if anyone went this route and is happy?

You should plan on rebuilding from scratch.
There is an upgrade path … but there are gremlins that you will fight.
Rebuild from scratch and you will be on par with UI5 with more memory and faster speed.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:197644”]You should plan on rebuilding from scratch.
Rebuild from scratch and you will be on par with UI5 with more memory and faster speed.[/quote]

I get what you’re saying but it’s not as simple as that. I have years of scenes creations and integration with Google Assistant and all kinds of stuff. Re-pairing my device will be a one full day task alone.

But FWIW, I did a backup, factory reset upgrade firmware and restored. All working ok again for now. But I hate the interface LOL

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:3, topic:197644”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:197644”]You should plan on rebuilding from scratch.
Rebuild from scratch and you will be on par with UI5 with more memory and faster speed.[/quote]

I get what you’re saying but it’s not as simple as that. I have years of scenes creations and integration with Google Assistant and all kinds of stuff. Re-pairing my device will be a one full day task alone.

But FWIW, I did a backup, factory reset upgrade firmware and restored. All working ok again for now. But I hate the interface LOL[/quote]

You did the factory upgrade/reset/backup on your Vera 3? Please explain. I am looking to do the same thing.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2591718-how-do-you-factory-reset-a-vera-controller-

This is the only way I can update the firmware due to low memory. In essence:

1. backup with z-wave.
  2. factory reset. This should install the latest firmware.
  3. reboot
  4. Log in using a LAN connection. Connect to your Wi-Fi. Reboot. If you are wired to your network, this is not necessary.
  5. Restore from backup with z-wave.

All takes about 30 minutes.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:5, topic:197644”]http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2591718-how-do-you-factory-reset-a-vera-controller-

This is the only way I can update the firmware due to low memory. In essence:

1. backup with z-wave.
  2. factory reset. This should install the latest firmware.
  3. reboot
  4. Log in using a LAN connection. Connect to your Wi-Fi. Reboot. If you are wired to your network, this is not necessary.
  5. Restore from backup with z-wave.

All takes about 30 minutes.[/quote]

that’s exactly it…

I actually went back to UI5. If you’re doing this in UI7 be very patience, if your status page is still restoring z-wave networks you can’t control anything. In UI5 you can.