Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?

Please check your DM I just sent you an updated version of the DSC plugin to try out.

1 Like

A bit of number games for in between:

I had the fun of checking out this year’s Ezlo Stuff activity on the Community Feature and Bug Tracker. If I counted correctly, there have been 34 days of status changes/posts/replies from Ezlo Stuff since the beginning of the year.

So that would be rounded 5 posts per month.

There are still 618 open requests. If no further inquiries were created and the case was closed directly with every activity on the part of Ezlo, we would be through in 10 years at the current speed :wink:

So why is it? Vacation should be excluded as an argument (unless at Ezlo you have a multiple of usual vacation days). Not enough staff? Too low priority?

So what is the plan to process the cases in a reasonable time?

1 Like

It does feel like things have slowed down at Ezlo. Not sure if the same staff levels are working the issues as 9 months ago.

Its a catch22 situation. Sales are impaired until the product reaches a nominal amount of functionality AND stability. It doesn’t quite seem we are there yet. Lack of sales impacts ability to fund R&D. Without adequate R&D you never dig out of the hole.

I appreciate Europe is different for summer vacations (but its typically an August issue not May/June) and some of the development team has been impacted by the madness facing Ukraine. So it isn;t easy but the market isn’t forgiving to those factors.

Ezlo how about publishing a target date for the next software release for Ezlo Plus (the device not the ezlogic.mios.com site (which seems to get frequent updates)) and the candidate release notes that will go with it so we can see if hope is on the near horizon?

I’m in the beta program but I don’t know where the release notes are for beta versions so I can’t really tell how much progress is being made there either.

I agree progress overall seems slow… We still dont have an Ezlo hub and web UI that is on par with our old Vera firmware hubs yet.

But I can say the devs are still there and they are still working away.

I’ve reported 5 or 6 major bugs this month and those have all been fixed and addressed and either released already or are in QA currently.

Creating an entire ecosystem from the ground up, is no small feat and there are many moving parts. Like juggling many spinning plates it seems.

My Vera Plus / MSR is rock solid and ticking along. So I’m not in any rush to migrate to an Ezlo hub or anything else.

So we keep waiting? We stick with our Vera hubs? Or we jump to another platform / company / open source solution?

My current Vera system isn’t broken, so I am still waiting…

Is it worth it to purchase an ezlo controller and start playing around with the interface and meshbots? I wouldn’t be trying to migrate any devices over just looking to maybe get a jump on the learning curve. Also see what potential gaps there may be for my use.
Thoughts?

Its worth a look yes. If you do purchase an Ezlo controller you could then use the Vera to Ezlo bridge plugin, to bridge some of the devices on your Vera hub to the new Ezlo hub. You could then try out Meshbot rules and the other stuff in the new web UI, without having to pair any devices etc.

Hey there! It’s cool to hear that you’ve been a Vera user for a while, my dude. I totally get wanting to stay up-to-date with the latest tech, like the Ezlo Plus. From what I’ve gathered, it seems like the Ezlo Plus is on its way to being a solid replacement for the Vera Plus, but it’s always good to stay on top of forum discussions to get the full scoop. As for your concerns, the Ezlo Plus should offer you similar features to the Vera Plus, with some extra perks. While I’m not 100% sure about migration support, it’s worth checking if you’ll have to rebuild your network and scenes. And as for the web UI, I suggest looking into the latest updates to see if it’s fully functional now. Cheers!

Hi All,

I am a long time user of a Vera Edge, and have for over a year an Ezlo Secure sitting next to it, doing nothing waiting for the right moment to do the transition, I have GoControl Model: WS15Z5-1 that supports double, triple and long tap actions, which I have working fine on my Vera Edge, but cannot find how to do it in Ezlo, any help on that so I can move ahead with my transition? Thanks!!!

I’d also like to see a working example of how to setup double and triple clicks of a wall switch with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 and Fibaro Roller Shutter modules, this is called “Scene Activation”.

Currently all my Fibaro modules are paired to my Vera Plus and Multi System Reactor rules engine supports Scene Activation for Fibaro modules.

I have never seen a working example of this on an Ezlo controller and “Meshbot” rules.

Hi @augustov

Ezlo platform already supports GoControl Model: WS15Z5-1
Here is how you can pair the device, and use the button states in meshbots

Thanks @osman really helpful! Working on it now… just feedback that is really difficult to figure it out for a regular user. Thanks!!!

Is there a way to duplicate a local meshbot? that would save me A LOT of time! on the MiOS Web UI the duplicate option is dimmed for the meshbots I created

Not currently no, you cannot duplicate Meshbot rules to create another one based off the first one.

@osman I watched your video above regarding this GoControl US wall switch. Looks like its acting as a regular “scene controller” type device? Where you can then create a Meshbot trigger upon a certain type of button press of that wall switch, to then run the actions of that scene etc

The Fibaro modules I am interested in work differently I believe and are not actual “scene controllers” in the traditional sense.

The function is called “Scene Activation” on the Fibaro module and it has to be enabled via a certain Z-Wave device parameter. You also need to use in conjunction the correct type of momentary wall switch with the Fibaro module, that would allow you to do double and triple clicks etc.

Are you aware of anyone on your device integration team testing “Scene Activation” with Fibaro modules ?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Vera firmware hubs and software never natively supported this to my knowledge. We always had to use 3rd party logic engines to be able to do it. First in PLEG and now with MSR.

Here is how its setup in MSR.

I am searching now for how we use to do it in PLEG.

EDIT2:

Seems I linked to this thread in the past for the way we set this up in PLEG but it points to the old forum domain so can’t read it.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17409.0.html

EDIT3: The upshot is Fibaro Scene Activation is related to these variables that need to be exposed and read and be able to have a scene be able to trigger upon them.

LastSceneID
LastSceneTime
SceneActivated

In MSR we ended up having to use the LastSceneID variable. When you do different types of clicks different number values get put into that variable.

Is there a time frame if you are going to implement duplicating local MeshBots? It would really save a LOT of time for creating long MeshBots. Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

It was submitted as a feature request sometime ago, for being able to duplicate scenes, but not sure how far it got. I’d have to ask them again about it.

Apparently its still on their roadmap and has been previously and continues to be investigated. No ETA however I am afraid.

Hi @osman , I implemented this and is working but it really takes a long time to get executed, most times I have to double tap a few times to get it activated, is as if I have to “wake up” the controller first. I have the same problem with three way GoControl switches that take a long time to execute a meshbot… any help here? My wife is wanting me to take all down…

It’s still pretty quiet here. I think it’s time for another status update.
What’s in the works at the moment? What is the roadmap?

Maybe I’ll start with the features that interest me:

• Data logging function with visual representation
    Something like this would be a dream:
    This looks really good on other platforms. With Ezlo, the values are not even logged and only the current ones are displayed.

• Scheduler for thermostat control
    It’s really no fun to schedule thermostats with meshbots. It also quickly becomes very confusing. This has to be solved differently. Best with a graphical interface. Something like that:

• Dashboard
    Apparently they are currently working on this. There are still some display errors that need to be ironed out and designing your own dashboard is currently disabled. When will there be anything new here?

But there are also things that are going quite well. I like Alireza_Taghavi’s video tutorials about EzloPi projects. I’m itching to try it out. Would like more of it.

1 Like

its coming!
We are finalizing a whole new Drag and drop studio to create dashboards.
we already built the logging capability in the cloud will expose it.

1 Like