Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?

Yes, it could be anything I guess whatever you need to have the ezlologic factor in. When I wrote it, I was thinking more that the script would need to return a boolean value, true or false to allow the scene to run or not - but an integer / string might be needed too.

For example a Lua script could scrape text from a web page , or you might want to randomise a set of predefined greetings that you want to pass on to a TTS engine ?

Things like shutdown and restart are trivially easy, and done by means of HTTP calls to one’s PC on which EventGhost installed and active. This setup can accomplish practically anything on the remote computer that you care to script.

As for WOL, that’s a fairly unique operation which sadly only a vanishingly small number of users (and even fewer applets) know how to do correctly.

yes, the new plugin framework will let you create a Lua code, let you upload it to your controller and have the ability to use the “output” of it (whatever it might be, boolean, integer, string) in “Node”

Actually you will be able to load the plugin either to a “Node” or to a “Controllable”

Node: is a data source for a Trigger
Controllable: is a Device or a service that you can issue instructions to

So, the process would be that you would need to create a .lua file with your code in, and then have EZLogic call that file ? Just want to be clear on that as you used ” Plugin XYZ” as your reference…

If that’s correct then i assume the expectation with any .lua file called as a TRIGGER would be that it returns something ? Now for the ACTION part, can I also call a .lua file for that too ?

If so, then that sounds pretty good, as for those of us that have some coding experience , we can have one or many .lua file as the Trigger(s) and another file as the Action… (Perhaps not the complexity your EZlogic was looking to solve, but it would be a nice feature) ** * one which I would have to caveat until i can see/test it myself to be sure :-).*

Yes, you creat a Lua file…You can mark it if it goes to
Trigger as Nodes
Actions as Controllables
then you can upload it (will be available as a capability in the WebUI). You will choices like if you want to share it with the community or keep it private…Then you “install” it in your chosen controller…

Then you go back to Ezlogic…you will see it either in Trigger or Action (or both) and you can now interact with it and create MeshBots…

7 posts were split to a new topic: Reactor question 1 minute delay

So what’s the latest update on the DSC/Evisalink 4 integration? I keep reading that it’s being worked on, but it’s still not on your device compatibility list. For me, this is a show stopper, as I use the my security systems door, window, and occupancy sensors for some of the triggers.

Also, I don’t’ see any window coverings in your device compatilibty list. I have 15 iBlinds in my home, and some Bali Roman shades that are controlled by my Vera Plus system. These are all currently commercially available. How does that 90 day guarantee stack up on these?

1 Like

Sorry for your experience.
Would like to get to bottom of the bug causing you all this with your Google issue.

Can you pls explain exactly what you are trying to do so that we have a full understanding of what is supposed to happen but not happening.

So far I understand you have
1)Hub - Ezlo Plus
2)9 ZWave Switches
3)4 Wifi Switches
4)3 Wifi outlets

You say App and Web page are incompatible:
Which APP and Which Web page please?

New Ezlo Hub is NOT compatible with Old Vera Google pages…as an FYI.

Thank you!

“Bottom line is: With Ezlogic, there shouldn’t be an “automation” you can’t write. If there is, please let us know, we’ll expand the system.”

melih
I have many scenes with Luup code that I use for security lighting and in house automated lighting that I can’t seem to reproduce using Ezlogic and require some help. Currently this on my Vera Secure and need to port it over to my Ezlo Plus.
I’ll use my kitchen under cabinet LED lighting as an example:

The scene is triggered by motion from either of two PRI motion detectors

Action: turn on under cabinet LED lighting

Action: Start a 10 minute loop timer, every motion resets the timer back to 10 minutes keeping the lights on.

After 10 minutes of no motion from either PRI the LED lights are turned off.

The resetting counter is the problem I’m having.

I think the kitchen LED is doable, you just need to reverse the human logic. It’s not about detecting motion and turning on a light, it’s about detecting a lack of motion and responding to that condition.

So here we go, detect the condition where both PIR’s have not detected any motion for 10 minutes:

Pay attention to the ‘AND’ statement on top, this is the condition when both PIR’s have not detected motion. The function is used to set the timer for (at least) 10 minutes.

Now the actions. If the condition is true, you turn of your light:

And, if the condition is false, hence motion has been detected on at least one PIR in the last 10 minutes, you turn on the light:

Please report back if this works!

4 Likes

Thanks for your help. Interesting concept using reverse logic. I need a DSC alarm plugin but while I’m waiting for that I’ll purchase a 4in1 device to do some testing.

1 Like

Indeed…
the way we tried to architect Ezlogic is actually how a person would think…

if you look at the language you wrote

is exactly how Ezlogic implements it…
You said,
No motion on either…
After 10 Min…

So you choose both…choose the state…(no motion)…you choose the function …

We are trying to make Ezlogic as close to human thinking as possible…

I got a Zooz ZSE40 4in1 to try this out. Works great but would work better with a PIR motion sensor that is capable of constantly firing. The ZSE40 can only re-fire after a minimum 15 seconds idle time. I could compensate for this by adding the 15 seconds to the timer length. I have a few HomeSeer HSM100 motion sensors that worked really well on my Vera Secure but didn’t install correctly on the Ezlo Plus, motion displays as a heat sensor rendering them useless.
Once the DSC plugin is up and running then I can get this back up and working on my front door area, driveway and back deck door. Great security lighting option.
Any time frame on the DSC alarm plugin?

Do you still have any of those HSM100 devices paired? If so please post a screen shot of the app and this device and this “Heat Sensor”.

Thanks

I excluded the HSM100 from my main Ezlo Plus so I tried installing it on my test unit instead. I could not get the temperature child device to show up as a heat sensor but no matter how many times I include/exclude it the motion sensor child device does not install just a “3n1 Sensor 1” device. No motion detected from that device.
The 3n1 is externally powered so I have configured the following parameters:
On time - 2, 1 byte dec 0 - always fire
Stay awake -5, 1 byte dec 255 - No delay, stay awake
On value - 6, 1 byte dec 255 - Send command when motion detected
I remember the issue of the motion not working with Vera units before and a fix was applied but what the fix did was never known but the end result was the motion sensor started working.

Here is another sensor that has a child device that shows up as a heat sensor. I think Fortrezz is one of the sister companies of Ezlo so not sure why they don’t support the Fortrezz WWA02AA water Temperature Sensor? Doesn’t report battery level correctly either.

1 Like

The only device I have seen myself and even that wasn’t in person, was a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module on one of those Ezlo Youtube videos. I spotted it had a “Heat Sensor” as a child device on their video etc.

So I asked them why ?

Their response was

"This is normal that such a kind of device has a separate heat sensor because in the manual it is said that when it is overheated or a voltage drop it will send a notification. It is not only about Fibaro Dimmer 2, we had 3-4 same kinds of devices and had a discussion with RF and IOS team, there is no sense to hide it, it should stay like this. "

My reply was:

"There is a parameter setting number 49 about Heat Alarm, I’ve never heard about this being exposed as an actual child device however.

1. OVERHEAT (critical temperature) and VOLTAGE DROP (low voltage) alarm report
    Available settings:
    0 – No reaction
    1 – Send an alarm frame
    Default setting: 1
    Parameter size: 1 [byte]

Should it not just send an alarm notification rather than being a child device?

Also that raises another question, how do you hide devices from the Ezlo system?

On Vera firmware hubs we can just add a single line of code containing the device number we wish to hide, into the Startup LUA section under Apps - Develop Apps."

And then I later raised this question:

"So if I set parameter number 49 to 0 No Reaction, presumably no overheat alarm would be sent to the controller hub. Would the Heat Sensor device in your GUI then just not function but remain visible? "

I never got a reply to that question however. But its a good question !

Regarding being able to select to hide particular devices from the Ezlo GUI , I did get this response.

“Yes, you are right, for now we don’t have any possibility to hide any device from Ezlo GUI.”

I am still not convinced these “Heat Sensor” child devices should be being created. Especially for the Fibaro Dimmer 2 example I looked in to.

If they are not exposed then no Alarm condition indication can exist - that’s why there is a child device.
It is required so it can be used as a Trigger that can then be used for whatever scene you devise.

If the heat sensor is needed then in my case where is the flood sensor child device?

That’s a question for support.