Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?

Can’t you control that through VOI?

VOI doesn’t work well and it’s cloud based so I’d rather not.

1 Like

Can you be more specific taking the above example on Hue lights? Just like cw-kid I prefer local over cloud control. So a bit more clarity is needed to decide on preferred plugins.

I tried the Weather one doesn’t seem to do anything as yet? I clicked the Enroll button it thinks about it for a while counting down seconds and then I just get the same dialogue box again

EDIT:

Actually I see this now under services but can’t seem to either edit or delete them.

Sorry what does VOI mean/stand for ?

1 Like

Its the Voice Assistant thing.

1 Like

Soon, it will be integrated into
Trigger in ezlogic…and you will be able to use it in “Triggers”…

1 Like

happy to:

There are third party platforms like IFTTT, Zapier and so on, and there is a company called NuCAL. Ezlo has partnered with NuCAL so that Ezlo can offer IFTTT/Zapier like capabilities.
What that means is: Anything cloud based (Weather, twitter, google sheet etc etc) can now be easily integrated and be made available in “Trigger” and “Actions” in Ezlogic.
We no longer have to write a “Plugin” for this plugin for that when it comes to “cloud applications”.
Ezlogic team is finalizing the Authentication code so that each user can register their own accounts to use these services etc…(hope to enable it in Ezlogic by the year end)… you can see “some” of these services when you click on “Services”. They are not functional, because authentication needs to be finalized.

So we have one piece of software in our hub that connects to NuCAL and pulls everything they have for Ezlo. So we never need to write a plugin for “Cloud Applications”.

What we refer to as “Plugin” is what we can run inside our Edge Computer (hubs) and can connect to devices locally (or even can connect to anything cloud). However thanks to NuCAL we don’t need to unnecessarily write a “Twitter Plugin or Google Sheet plugin” since we can have that functionality from NuCAL anyway.

So we focus on other stuff (non Cloud Apps) like “Protocol Support” HTTP, or DSC plugin etc…all that stuff that does require plugin operating inside the edge computer (hub).

If we want a “Cloud App” that NuCAL doesn’t have, we ask them and they enable it for us…
If we want a “Plugin” for something like DSC Alarm Panel etc, we ask our Plugin team
Here are some of the Plugins our Plugin team has been assigned to do:

DSC Alarm panel Plugin
HTTP, TCP, UDP Plugin
Vera Bridge Plugin
[Protocols] MQTT Plugin
Home Assitant Local 3rd Party API Plugin
MyQ Plugin (Pls note, APIs are not officially supported, so we’ll see what we can do)
Smartthings Local Plugin
Philips Hue Plugin
Ecobee Plugin
Nest Plugin
Tempurpedic WiFi frame integration (Pls note, APIs are not officially supported, so we’ll see what we can do)

Please note: Smartthings integration is already provided by NuCAL

But that’s a “Cloud App/Integration”…as Smartthings allow integration both thru cloud or locally. So we are going to deliver both.

Hope this clarifies.

Would like to see plugins for

Sonos
Honeywell evohome
Milight
Ping sensor
Samsung tv
Rfxcom (as it supports both Somfy and 433 MHz devices)

2 Likes

can u pls send me a link to how i can find ping sensor.

Also: What would be great, if you could…
tell us what capabilities of each you want to see in “Trigger” vs “Action” (helps us understand better)

For example: Sonos, most likely nothing in trigger but only in action…and so on…
and what “commands” are important to you in “action”…

This helps us focus the development in delivering Triggers and Actions that you really need first…then we can expand it, but it saves us development time so we are not waiting until “everything” is done, at least we can give you an integration thats good enough for what you need and so on.

Hi @peterg88,

It would be great to make a session and check the logs on your hub.
Check your PM please

Not sure where this fits, but I have a set of ‘occupancy’ scripts, which looks to see if someone is in the house or not, and one of those checks/triggers is if any Sonos device has not been playing for a while.

If it’s not, I then check other occupancy markers, look at motion/door sensors for a particular pattern of last trips, also check if a TV is on or off etc.

If my sequence of checks all returns false, then there’s a high likelihood that no one is home, so I can turn off any lights that were left on, turn the heating down etc.

How would ezlo handle such a multi-layered set of separate checks to determine a set of actions to take ? While triggers and actions are often the main focus - I would also like to see validators (may also be referred to as conditions) be applied before actions are carried out…

FWIW - Occupancy/Presence awareness if a core element of my set up, from turning things on/off automatically, to giving the perception of someone being present via the DeusExMachinaII plugin.

This is the thread for “Ping Sensor” not used it myself.

I do however use the later WOL (Wake on LAN) with Ping Sensor plugin as found here.

Ping Sensor is a “heart beat” plugin so you can have a device in Vera that shows the status of a LAN or presumably WAN device, based on if it is “up” and responding to network ping packets or not.

1 Like

So you are using the “State” of a Sonos player as a “Trigger”…
A Trigger is a “state/Date source”…

You have the full “Nested” capability

We are further expanding these capabilities by the year end.
Bottom line is: With Ezlogic, there shouldn’t be an “automation” you can’t write. If there is, please let us know, we’ll expand the system.

Can you pls give me some examples of these?

Yep…its a big area we are working on as well!

@melih

If you want to see what these Ping Sensor devices look like? In the Vera UI7 Web GUI it’s just an ON or OFF device.

This is the Kodi Home Theatre PC in my lounge which is currently Off.

1 Like

we are writing an http plugin already …
so we just add “pinging” capability to that plugin to create you a “Ping Sensor” per se?

If you can periodically automatically ping a LAN / WAN device and have a plugin device on the Ezlo hub, that displays the state either as ON or OFF, based on if that LAN / WAN device replied / responded to the ping requests or not, then yes you then have a “Ping Sensor” device.

In addition the WOL with Ping Sensor plugin for Vera will also send Wake On LAN magic packets out when you press the ON button, to turn on that networked device assuming it supports WOL like PCs do etc.

1 Like

@melih I think for any such plugins like Sonos for example, your dev team are probably best to look at Home Assistant and its various plugins if they call them that, for 3rd party systems like Sonos etc.

Whatever Home Assistant can do? you want to be trying to match that functionality I would think, or at the very least trying to match any new Ezlo functionality with previous Vera plugins that were available and what they could do.

I don’t have Sonos myself as it’s too expensive but I have installed them before, so know how they worked.

1 Like