Is AutoVera Dead?

Title says it all. No activity here for quite a while

What activity do you need? I use it every day and I’m not having any issues…

Joao, the developer hangs out in his own forum: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?forums/autovera/

He’s definitely around. I asked recently for a log filter mechanism for AV, he might consider it.

Joao, the developer hangs out in his own forum: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?forums/autovera/

He’s definitely around. I asked recently for a log filter mechanism for AV, he might consider it.[/quote]

Thanks I’ll try over there

My AutoVera app on Android won’t populate the “Your Veras” list, and after three days of trying workarounds, I admit the situation looks grim.

Is anyone still using the app successfully? And, if so, when was your last (re)installation of the AutoVera app?

Feels as though the Mios servers may have stopped allowing new logins.

THANKS! - Libra

Hi @LibraSun,

I chatted with Jaoa, the new developer of Tasker and creator of AutoVera and the Auto* apps. There isn’t any more development and he’s not using the Vera system anymore.

It seems there’s some activity here: Search Results for Query: autovera | AutoApps Forums

I asked him in threads and you can see the same username for me here as well as there. Not a lot of people use it he said and doesn’t appear he’ll do anything for it. It’s been about 5 years since there was an update.

I’m still using the app successfully and I have a VP with the latest firmware. The app works fine for me but mind you I’m still rocking my LG V20 phone and haven’t touched the app in terms of uninstalling in a long time.

Is the Vera on Wifi? I’m on ethernet, wonder if that’s an issue. Did you do anything with the autovera plugin software on Vera?

Thanks for the kind reply. Turns out he and I had the very same conversation last week, during which he helped solve my AutoVera problem by suggesting I enter my GetVera username in all lowercase letters. Once I did that in the app, my “Your Veras” section populated as expected.

Problem solved!! Works great again.

P.S. I’ve tried notifying the folks at ezlo/mios that the relay server handling logins from AutoVera might be set in such a way that usernames with capital letters are being mangled or rejected.

1 Like