Irrigation Control

I have been using HomeWave for a while now and love it!!!
One thing I am trying to accomplish is to add “Last Watered Time” and “Next Watered Time” to my Irrigation Control screen.
Any ideas?

p.s I have no idea what newton used to prove his law in gravity ? This almost didn’t get posted . I was about to give up :wink:

[quote=“joshh, post:1, topic:190709”]I have been using HomeWave for a while now and love it!!!
One thing I am trying to accomplish is to add “Last Watered Time” and “Next Watered Time” to my Irrigation Control screen.
Any ideas?

p.s I have no idea what newton used to prove his law in gravity ? This almost didn’t get posted . I was about to give up ;)[/quote]

You might want to tell us what Irrigation system your using in VERA? It will depend alot on whether or not that plugin your using has that variable that we can use to get it into Homewave. Without knowing which plugin your using we can be of no help tho.

Oooops my bad. I am using 2 fibaro double relays to control 4 solenoid valves (4 zones).
All my logic is done using PLEG.
I have looked in the advanced tab for the relays but cant find a “last switched” variable or anything like that?

[quote=“joshh, post:3, topic:190709”]Oooops my bad. I am using 2 fibaro double relays to control 4 solenoid valves (4 zones).
All my logic is done using PLEG.
I have looked in the advanced tab for the relays but cant find a “last switched” variable or anything like that?[/quote]

If the switches don’t have the variable it’s not going to be easy.

I’m trying to think how you could get the PLEG times put into a readable format for the homewave. I have used multistring plugin before in Imperihome to get some battery values and other values to display in that app since the app doesn’t support the ROOMBA that I have. You might want to check into that option and see if multistring works in Homewave, then post in the PLEG section of this forum to see how you can get the PLEG times into multisting app. I know how to use PLEG to insert data into multistring and update it, but the data was coming from a plugin that PLEG can read under device properties. I’m not sure how you can tell pleg to copy last true time on a condition. But I think you’ll get more help in the PLEG section vs. this Homewave section.

Well I have already checked and Homewave can display Multistring plugin.

So if you install the “MultiString” Plugin in vera then go to you homewave and setup a “MultiValue Display” it can show what ever data is put into the Multistring windows/boxes. For testing you can do it manually (enter data on the multistring plugin in vera and check how it comes out on homewave)

But the next step after that is to have PLEG check for changes (make a condition) in the time an action was ran or condition was satisfied (when your sprinklers last ran) and then have PLEG action write that data into multi-string plugin automatically. It’s not hard to do that if your already using PLEG. Information on that is in here, where I learned it.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30934.0.html

Problem still lies on where or how PLEG is pulling the “Date/Time” from and if that is even possible. But that again is a good question for the PLEG forum or maybe even in the link above. I’m assuming there has to be away to pull a time stamp from PLEG but I have never done it.

Ok thanks for the reply. I will try my luck in the above forum . That multi string plug in looks like a good thing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I have worked out how to do this with help from integlikewhoa and by searching through the forums.
So if anyone else is trying to achieve this I will show how it is done.
Download the Multi String plugin.
For the Pleg condition you want the timestamp for, Create an action to save the variable into MulitString plugin.
Note that {(#ConditionName)} will pull the timestamp that condition became true.
e.g. Condition: SystemRun , Action : Advanced, MultiString Plugin, Variable Name (What ever you like), Variable {(#SystemRun)}
Now to get the Variable into HomeWave you just add the multistring plugin as a Multi Value Display and select the variables you would like.

Now to work out how to show when “Next watered” is due.

[quote=“joshh, post:7, topic:190709”]Ok so I have worked out how to do this with help from integlikewhoa and by searching through the forums.
So if anyone else is trying to achieve this I will show how it is done.
Download the Multi String plugin.
For the Pleg condition you want the timestamp for, Create an action to save the variable into MulitString plugin.
Note that {(#ConditionName)} will pull the timestamp that condition became true.
e.g. Condition: SystemRun , Action : Advanced, MultiString Plugin, Variable Name (What ever you like), Variable {(#SystemRun)}
Now to get the Variable into HomeWave you just add the multistring plugin as a Multi Value Display and select the variables you would like.

Now to work out how to show when “Next watered” is due.[/quote]

Great 50% there… ;D