iPad Version

Matt or John - When do you guys think you will release a version for the iPad. I currently run SQ on the iPad but in 2x zoom the graphics are grainy.

No firm date yet. So many diffrent things to work on… so hard to choose which ones to do next

Mat

Awwww common Mat…I just found a nice wallmount iPad dock thats not 499 bucks…

Those that are intersted check out: http://www.dockalot.com/

I’d also like to add a name to those wishing for an iPad version!

Jeez, they want $200+ for that dock and in glossy white??? Not to mention that the entire thing sits proud of the wall. If that is the best option out there for the price, I think I’ll consider Velcro (white), magnets, or build my own picture frame dock constructed out of wood moulding and a charge/sync cable.

I’m still waiting for the next generation of iPads, before I buy a used first generation :wink: …ok, yes I am frugal…

Thank you for the link, I am always looking for docking options. Unfortunately, I vote against an iPad version for now(until I get one). Although if SQ Remote is completely overhauled to be optimized for the new screen size, with all that extra real estate I could squeeze all of my buttons onto only 1 or 2 pads.

Heck you should see the price of the Savant or Crestron Dock…It’s the same price as an iPad…

please pardon my dumb question below. i remotely access V2 through my iphone via MO.
if i ever decide to get another gateway say for example from homeseer, will sq remote/sq blaster work with other home automation gateway. put it differently do sq remote and sq blaster only work with vera? until now i havent decided between ivera and sq remote; $30 is a lot of money for a retired person like me. i apologize for my stupidity.

First off, if you want to control IR devices with SQ Blaster then you’ll get the app for free when you buy the Blaster.

SQ Remote/Blaster is tied to Vera for home control and Z-Wave control. Square Connect has and will port their remote app to work with other systems if the demand/price is high enough. Chances are that Homeseer will probably continue to use thier own iPod app, but who knows there might be a relationship between them in the future.

iVera works strictly with Vera and Vera only, while SQ Remote at least has the IR blaster side of things being independent. Also Square Connect is always forward thinking and I believe they have some tricks up their sleeve for control sans Vera, but we’ll have to see. To summarize, if you are budget concious and not sure which HA system you’ll be tied to, then you might wait and continue using the web interface. If you know you want IR blaster functionality then get the Blaster/Remote App combo, the response time using SQ Remote is much faster than the current Vera web interface.

[quote=“shady, post:8, topic:167131”]First off, if you want to control IR devices with SQ Blaster then you’ll get the app for free when you buy the Blaster.

SQ Remote/Blaster is tied to Vera for home control and Z-Wave control. Square Connect has and will port their remote app to work with other systems if the demand/price is high enough. Chances are that Homeseer will probably continue to use thier own iPod app, but who knows there might be a relationship between them in the future.

iVera works strictly with Vera and Vera only, while SQ Remote at least has the IR blaster side of things being independent. Also Square Connect is always forward thinking and I believe they have some tricks up their sleeve for control sans Vera, but we’ll have to see. To summarize, if you are budget concious and not sure which HA system you’ll be tied to, then you might wait and continue using the web interface. If you know you want IR blaster functionality then get the Blaster/Remote App combo, the response time using SQ Remote is much faster than the current Vera web interface.[/quote]

shady, thank you very much for your feedback. i think i will take your advice to continue using the web interface for a while. i am leaning towards buying the blaster with free sq remote rather than the ivera. anyway, i only have 6 zwave devices for now; so no rush for me.

For anyone looking for alternative mounting options…
http://www.cocoontech.com/portal/lists/apple-ipad-mounts

Is there any update about a ipad version of the SQ remote. It should very cool to use my ipad with this remote with a real ipad version.

:-[

I can add to the list that would love an IPad version. I purchased a Sonos multi zone music system for our yachts solely on the IPad interface…the best music interface I have seen!
Point being…you will sell more hardware if you hurry and bring one to the market.
I hope this helps build the fire.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Hi Tim…

Appreciate the words of encouragement. They dont fall on deaf ears

Mat

[quote=“SquareConnectMat, post:13, topic:167131”]Hi Tim…

Appreciate the words of encouragement. They dont fall on deaf ears

Mat[/quote]

SquareConnectMat, this is not really answer. are you working on it or not? and if yes, what wil be the time to market?

@Maartenvt

Yes we are working on an iPad version. I cannot say when it will be ready for release. I can say that it is one of our top priorities.

Mat

It, priority is right below Android phones I hope ;D

The latest version 2.3 has high res graphic for the iPad, but it is still only a native iPhone app that runs in 2x mode. This means that text etc is pixellated. We Are working on a universal version that will be much better, and it is already quite advanced, but until we have a better handle on the amount of work that remains we don’t want to make any false promises.

Hang tight!!

John

[quote=“SquareConnectJohn, post:17, topic:167131”]The latest version 2.3 has high res graphic for the iPad, but it is still only a native iPhone app that runs in 2x mode. This means that text etc is pixellated. We Are working on a universal version that will be much better, and it is already quite advanced, but until we have a better handle on the amount of work that remains we don’t want to make any false promises.

Hang tight!!

John[/quote]

@SquareConnectJohn

Great news. i will be waiting :slight_smile:

Matt, for me the iPad version isn’t as important, the graphics are so basic that they look fine on the iPad. I find the more uniform it is with the iPhone the better. What is important is having more real estate for when I go from iPad to iPhone. The ability to customize the amount of tabs would be great. Also the thermostat takes up too much room, it would be great to customize my own. The more colors and graphics I have to choose from the more fun and the better the experience. I don’t think that would be quite as much work.

If I buy the iPhone / iPod version, will the iPad version be a free upgrade?

Thanks,
Mike