IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)

Hi All,

You will find attached files, they will create the plugin for vera, save them in a directory on your computer that you can find.

Instructions

1. Go to apps in Vera menu, located on the left side of the screen.
  2. Select development apps, under development apps you will select Luup files.
  3. Go back to the directory on your computer and select the files you downloaded. Select them and drop them into the upload selection (you can’t miss it). Once files are all uploaded, you will see each labeled as done.
  4. Under the same menu development apps select create a device. Under the section Upnp Device Filename enter HTD.xml. Then press the button on the screen create device, wait for a minute or two.
  5. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes this will make the first device the HTD Controller. If it doesn’t then you need to refresh your screen.
  6. Select the HTD Controller device enter the advanced settings and type in the IP address of your GW-SL1. Make sure the IP address is correct, go out of the device and back in making sure the IP address was saved.
  7. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes this will create the six zones.
  8. You will have to rename the zones to what you have them named in your app.
  9. When you have confirmed that everything is fully functioning, you may have an error on the controller. No worry enter the HTD Controller device, select advanced, variables and change the CommFailure to 0. It should be 1.
  10. Go to Settings from the menu on the left, select Z-Wave settings, advanced and reload engine. After a few minutes the error will be gone.

This creates a fully functioning plugin with 6 zones. You can also get this to work with your Alexa if you have one. To do so you need to setup a scene, the scene is what Alexa will operate. It can turn zone on/off, volume up/down, mute and etc.
Once completed you will ask Alexa to discover devices and your scene will be totally functioning

I hope this works well for you and give me an update on how you find it.
Modify message

I will be returning home from a business trip this weekend and will be all over this when I get home. Excited!

[quote=“Newzwaver, post:21, topic:194587”]Hi All,

You will find attached files, they will create the plugin for vera, save them in a directory on your computer that you can find…[/quote]

Hello Newzwaver,

I was able to successfully upload to the files to the development screen , but I run into a problem when trying to create the device it says

System error : Device: 86. Fail to load implementation file HTD.xml

I am guessing maybe it should have been called “D_HTD.xml” but even with that I still get the error and its not going away.

Please help.

Hi

Sorry, I have been using mine for the last few weeks no issue. Make sure it’s D_HTD.xml, it could be something went wrong when I uploaded. If you have an Alexa it works great. Setup scenes and you can control volume, mute, on/off and zones.

So if the file name doesn’t work I will reload it for you. Keep me posted.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. When I used the D_HTD.xml the device was created successfully. Will finish the set up of this later.

Your instructions have the wrong file name , so I believe it tried to create a device using the wrong xml file name. The problem now is the error wont go away because its still trying to create the device . Do you know how to clear this? like delete devices , it does not show up on the device list so not exactly sure how to clear the error message.

Hi

Yes, try this
http://<local_Vera_IP>:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<device_ID>

Replace it with the device with the number of the device that was created and the Ip with your Vera ip.

If you have an issue finding the ip I can sent the list command.

Good luck and give me some feed back as I would like to post this once it has been fully tested.

Great , will try that. Travelling still so give me a day.

Thanks for the help .

Make sure you delete the right device sir list them first.

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

I was able to finish configure it works great! Thanks again for all the help. Was also able to get rid of the ghost device . In reality the entire set up really takes like 2 mins. Now trying to set up scenes for Alexa, I have had a problem in the past for on and off scenes with Alexa, she seems to understand on but never off.

Excellent, if you need some help on the Alexa and HTD send me a note. If you see functions you want added i can try that as well.
I have my Alexa turning on and off zones, increasing/decreasing volume, turing all on/all off and mute on/off for zones and all.

Hey I love the app so far, one thing that would be of great help would be a slider bar for volume so you could create preset volume in a scene, I use my onkyo receiver and HTD system as an alarm clock with pandora and would be awesome to be able to preset the volume! also being able to select a source would be nice as well.this was the last link in my home theater automation so thanks so much for building this!

Hey, i will give it a shot later, I have it working on another plugin so will see. Keep your finger crossed.

Hi All,

The files below will let you set volume up by X and down by X, good luck and yes i am still working on a slider.

@Newzwaver - Do you know if the gateway is able to receive commands over HTTP directly?
I am trying to do something similar to this without having to use the local web socket on the gateway it self.

My goal is to be able to port forward the serial gateway to make it web accessible and then send a command to it via a REST API hooked up to ALEXA.

I was able to make one work by using the existing socket (ws://gatewayIP:8000) and send HEX commands to it but looking for a method to send a POST/GET command over HTTP directly and I am curious if you have come across this in your development of this plugin.

Hey

The only other control I have tried is a scene, the volume is a little tricky,

local socket = require(“socket”)
host = “192.168.2.88”
c = assert(socket.connect(host, 10006))
c:settimeout(5)

local sres, serr = c:send(string.char(0x02,0x00,0x01,0x04,0x57,0x5E))-- testing
print(“Send:”, sres, serr)

local data, rerr = c:receive(300)
luup.log (data)
print (“Receive:”, data, rerr)

Be interested in the code if you figure it out. I am working on Bell TV next.

Hi can i have the plugin and instructions too ?
I have mc66 with gswl network component

couple of issues:

1. After installing all the files, setting up the gateway IP, I see 6 zones showing up, but HTD controller keeps showing “device not detected”? And looks like buttons don’t work.

2. I have a HTD Lync 12 device? Is that the reason?

3. How can I make it work for 12 zones?

Thanks.

HI

Yes that is the reason and i also have the plug in for the lync 12, send me your email address and i will send it over, dont post it send it via message. The lync plugin will create 12 zones.

Hi,
Just came across this thread because I have am MC-66 and would like to integrate with my VeraPlus. Downloaded the files, followed the instructions to install and voila… it worked. THANK YOU NEWZWAVER!!!

No problem I have a few updates coming soon as well so keep an eye.