IP Devices Capabilities updated!

Hi everyone

We have released the new capabilities we have been working on, for IP devices section.

You need the latest version of the plugin installed in order to use all features. So pls check on the Edge Plugins Marketplace for the new version update .

So first you have to create your configuration if you dont want to use ready made templates.

Now you can store more metadata on the template page

we reorganized the capability fields and also added new protocol : MQTT ! So now you can control your MQTT supported devices directly from ezlogic.

we also added a LUA Pattern tester to help with creating patterns

we also added motion and D/W device types to capabilities

Please give it a try and share your feedback with us. Thanks

4 Likes

Be careful with this! I just updated my IP Device Generator plugin and now I cannot see or edit some of my existing device templates. I suggest you make a note of how you created your device templates and perhaps take some screen shots of your templates before you upgrade. As it looks like you will have to create your device templates again based on this newer version of the plugin.

I got this when after the upgrade I tried to edit and see some of my device templates.

Looking forward to trying this. LUA pattern tester was a clever idea and great to speed up trial and error testing. Nice!

1 Like

I tried updating the Google Nest plugin and IP Device Generator Plugin I get several notifications one that it downloaded one that it failed but it adds an instance with the new version with no devices. If I have to recreate devices this is not an update.
Added a new switch using the switch template from the marketplace and when trying to edit I get the following page

Edit a IP Device Template by Using IP Plugin

Plugin IP device generator not installed, we can do it from plugin page

And yes the plugin is installed IP Device Generator Plugin 1.0.21 is what is listed in My private plugins.
Why does it seem anytime I try to do anything with this controller it just fails and doesn’t work.

My IP Device plugin upgrade worked OK. I had version 1.0.10 installed and had 5 devices on it. I then updated it to this new version and it did install OK and it did migrate my 5 devices on to the new version of the plugin. I then had two instances of the plugin in the My Private Plugins area as it left the old version there but that then had no devices on it, so I just deleted the old version of the plugin.

Not sure about this I would reboot the Ezlo controller and try it again.

When you click the “Manage Installations” button it should look like this, you can see I have version 1.0.21 installed on to one of my controllers.

Hello,

We are currently replicating the scenario and will get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Tried rebooting. I’m glad I only had one device that I was trying to test with. I just wound up deleting it all.
Not a chance I’m trying the google nest plugin. Maybe I’ll try again in the future I just don’t have time to beta test Ezlos stuff.

Hello @Tim88

It is not happening with the Nest plugin, we tried replicating it with the Nest Thermostat connected and it is not dissapearing after the plugin update.

We are working to replicate the “IP Device Generator Plugin” issue.

I can try if you guarantee it will work flawlessly.
Also, do you know what changes are in the nest plugin.

@osman There is a problem with this ! I have not changed anything at all since the other day when I updated the IP Device plugin.

Now I see this:

And when I look now under Manage Installations its no longer installed and I have lost all 5 of my IP devices.

EDIT: This is a browser refresh / timeout issue. I just did a Ctrl Shift R to refresh the browser and now its back again, its says the plugin is installed and I can see my 5 devices again.

1 Like

Tried the nest plugin and it installs the newer version of the plugin and keeps the old version of the plugin with the update arrow. I have opened the page on several different devices and see the same thing.
This plugin with two thermostats is literally all that I have installed on my Ezlo.
Maybe I’m dumb and missing something but if I click update shouldn’t it just update my version to the latest and keep all my devices that are created?

When I updated the IP device plugin it installed the newer version, then it migrated my devices to the newer version. I then had two instances of the plugin listed in the My Private plugins area.

The newer version with my devices and the older version with now no devices. I then manually just deleted the older version.

I dont recall the update arrow being present on the older version after I had done the update.

NOTE

The plugin dev says the Username and Password fields in the Create New Device screen are now only to be used for MQTT and not for HTTP devices.

Instead I had to leave them blank and edit my template and add an Authorization header key and value encoding my username:password to base64 instead.

I have updated my how to guide about this change on this thread where I was talking about controlling my Hikvision IP cameras.

After winding up deleting all the stuff relating to the IP Device Generator Plugin which I haven’t added my device back yet I was able to get the Google Nest plugin to update. On a whim I thought maybe I should try using Chrome (not my browser of choice) and see what happens and that worked. With Safari I kept getting the following. How can it fail and succeed at the same time? Also, are there any release notes for the changes to the google nest plugin? It still seems like there are some missing features.

Does anyone actually test on the other browsers that are out there?

Good question. I used Chrome when I updated the IP Device plugin.

Hello,

The issue has been reported, and the department in charge will resolve it as soon as possible. We want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day!

Anyone else getting this error a lot when trying to save new templates ?

Its also bad English, it should read as “An error occurred while creating the template”

I’ve also been trying out the new pattern match today and it seems to be working, so thumbs up to that !

But I haven’t been able to create a new Temperature Sensor device as yet today, as I cannot save my new template currently.