IP address config gets reset?

I’ve found on two occasions over the past year or so that the IP address configured in my DSC plugin gets somehow changed. This happened again in the last couple of weeks. The IP address I had it configured for is xx.yy.zz.101, and I’ll find suddenly (maybe through an update or something) that the ip address is now xx.yy.zz.1, which is the network’s gateway.

One possibility is the ip address is getting changed automagically to the gateway … or the ip address is truncated to xx.yy.zz.1, dropping the last two characters.

For now I’ve moved the envisalink to xx.yy.zz.2 … so I’ll test the truncation theory. I’ll report here again if it happens again. Could be months.

Rich

Config:

You are running the latest version: 1.7.760 (latest)
DSC Plugin: Current Version:0.40 (latest)

Wow! I thought my problem was weird.

The IP field in my plugin keeps getting blanked out completely and a i get a “IP Address no configured…” error message.

If i set it again, it will stick for some random amount of time then go blank again :frowning:

I’ve been recently having this issue as well.
Anyone find the root cause and solution?

anyone get a resolution to this ? I have two systems up and running and one is resetting the IP every 24 hrs

Holy. Same issue. I’ve been trying to sort out why the DSC and the Vera have been getting out of sync with each other and just noticed this the other day.

Hi,

I know there are more plugins that suffer from the same issue, two I maintain. It seems since the first UI7 versions some have this issue. Myself I do not have had the issue ever on UI5 or 6 or 7 on my Lite or Edge. Thus far I have no clue why some people have this issue and others do not.

Workaround I advice is to hardcode the IP address in the LUA code.

Cheers Rene

In Settings → Net & WiFi

1. Make sure the:
    Auto detect devices on my home network
    Is NOT Checked.

2. Make sure your Wifi is Off

3. Make sure your LAN DHCP server is Off.