iOs Controller App

Not sure if this is the best place to plug this app, but thought it would do.

So far I have found most iPad apps to be clumsy, cluttered and not very appealing visually.

Recently I found one called One Enabled for Vera. The designers can be contacted by email and are adding new features slowly but doing it properly. It is elegant and easy to use for everyone…

Take a look.

Cheers,
Josh

Cannot find it in the app store.

Sorry, Australian App Store.

One Enabled for Vera by ONE Enabled
https://appsto.re/au/iba_ib.i

I found it today, it connected to my Vera fine. It is peppy.

Customization seems to be limited. Not all devices appear like the Weatherunderground temperature, humidity, high and low temps.

It looks nice.

I’ve emailed the developer about the virtual devices not showing. They are working on it now.

I think a lot of the scene creation will need to be done elsewhere, but this will be a great app for a user friendly interface for a permanently mounted iPad.

I agree - very slick - but it needs a configurable dashboard so all that I want displayed and controlled are on 1 page for ease of use.

Darn! Looks good but nothing seems to be compatible with this old iPad 1st gen i have collecting dust. I may have to look around for something running IOS 8+ just to try this.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:4, topic:196413”]I found it today, it connected to my Vera fine. It is peppy.

Customization seems to be limited. Not all devices appear like the Weatherunderground temperature, humidity, high and low temps.

It looks nice.[/quote]

Managed to update an old ipad to 9.3.5 and downloaded the app, but i can’t get it to connect - any tricks to it? it looks like when the credentials OR local IP is entered, the app goes back to the desktop/icon and nothing happens.

Mine is on the same home network as my Vera edge and I just enter the ip of the Vera unit and it works??

It also works if I enter my Vera username and password when I’m away from home, so no, no real tricks…??

With regard to Wundergroud, ive sent the developer an email about virtual switches etc being visible.

However as a display, it shows its own detailed 7 day forecast and max/min/current temps. So for a visual thing, it is much cleaner.

Its probably not for people who will want more items shown or more advanced control, but for my home, i setup various scenes and have lights in different rooms to control, it works pretty good and my wife is easily able to control it…

Cheers,
JB

I use Weatehrunderground because there is a weather station less than 1 mile from my house to give me more accurate conditions and temperatures.

What iDevice are u guys running this on? I can’t get it to run on this ipad, i believe it’s an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5. It was on my 5GHZ network but i changed it to the 2.4 (same as VeraPlus) but the program still don’t run :frowning: There is something going-on tho because when i enter the wrong credentials or IP, it gives me an error, but when i enter the correct login, it just flashes back to the ipad desktop. So it looks like it can read the login details but just wont connect.

I am using an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.2. I have not tried it on my wife’s iPad Air (10.3.2). We are happy with VeraMate.

Contacted the developer, got an almost instant response. There are other reports of it not working with 9.3.5; they are working on a fix.

Thanks.

I have found the developer is very happy to hear from people regarding bugs or ideas. I know they were chasing people with HVAC control for some things they are working on.

It is really worth usable, thanks for informing us

Works now with iOS 9.3.5!