Inverted logic in meshbot

I have a meshbot that is triggered by a device turning off (state going to false) then in the action it delays 5 seconds and turns it itself back on (state to true).

The trigger is firing on the turning on of the device and not the turning off. Weird. I have done this before so I thin it is something that has gotten broken in newer releases.

If I invert the trigger by making it NOT the meshbot operates properly as expected/desired. If I try to change the trigger from false to true the save button doesn’t light up so I can’t save it.

So a few things wrong here. The save button lighting up is a recurring problem from >1 year ago I thought was fixed but I guess only fixed for certain cases.

I don’t mean to be critical but this is pretty basic stuff guys…

This version works properly (note the trigger state had disappeared!!!:

There is also some problems in how this saves. Anyway I have to move on and have no more debug time to spend on this basic 101 issue. I suspect the logic saved is different to what is displayed. Maybe a meshbot file corruption or something???

@curiousB we will have a look at this issue immediately.

I’ve just re-created your rule and tested it and you are correct.

I see exactly the same problem.

The rule is not triggered when the trigger is set to Switch = False

And therefore the action is not run after the 5 second delay to turn the same switch back on again.

However if you select NOT in the trigger instead, then it does run the rules action after 5 seconds of you turning off the switch.

Yes I think you also found out it doesn’t work on the false condition but works on the inverted triggered condition. I found this out by adding a different device for the action and the rule worked exactly inverted. Weird.

@curiousB

This problem should be fixed now?

I just tested it again at my end and it seems to be working now as expected.

Please let me know.

I’m still on the old main release 2.0.38.2193.2

For some reason I was dropped off of the beta release stream.

Have asked to be moved to Beta program again but no response from Ezlo Staff yet

Dont think it was a firmware fix. It was a web Ui fix / update. Mine is version 1.63.1

Not sure if web UI updates are linked to the beta enrollment however.