Invalid username and pass when not on home network

I have my username and password in correctly (I can log in online using them).

When I am on my local wifi and I have remote mode toggled, I can access everythig.

But If I am not on my home wifi, I get invalid username and pass. But it is the right one as I can login to cp.mios.com with it

Thanks

I am now running into a username and password error.

I know my password is correct, I have triple-quadruple checked … I can login to my vera at Cp.mios.com (from any remote location) … .
Ive also deleted, re-installed homebuddy . I absolutely know my password is correct…

Yet, still, homebuddy gives me “Invalid Username/Password” .

I know this seems like a major user error… but I cannot get past this. I had no problems up until yesterday evening.

Again, I have logged out and logged back into cp.mios.com from multiple locations to make sure I am 115% sure I know my username and password are correct. AND I reset my mios username and password.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have no idea what to do here. Usernames and Passwords are easy things to deal with and troubleshoot.

Ok, nevermind. I decided to use autovera. Much easier for tasker integration… :smiley:

I would double check that your remote server in HomeBuddy is not pointing to the wrong one. You can find the appropriate remote server when logging into cp.mios.com and clicking on your vera unit remotely, in the url bar will contain something like https://fwd5.mios.com/

• Garrett

A while ago MCV changed their strategy as the number of clients grew. They now can and do dynamically move remote access to Vera to different servers to handle load balancing. Home Buddy has not not been updated to deal with this.

I suggest you use AutHomation by @garrettwp … it addresses this problem. Otherwise this will happen to you again.

The Author of Home Buddy has not posted any response in almost 1 year …

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:169054”]A while ago MCV changed their strategy as the number of clients grew. They now can and do dynamically move remote access to Vera to different servers to handle load balancing. Home Buddy has not not been updated to deal with this.

I suggest you use AutHomation by @garrettwp … it addresses this problem. Otherwise this will happen to you again.

The Author of Home Buddy has not posted any response in almost 1 year …[/quote]
I deleted the app and went with AutHomationHD app. I have not tested it with network yet (except on home wifi). Once I do I will post back. Thanks for the advice.

Nope… the AutHomation app is worst than HomeBuddy. It always come back with a Java error for my door opener relay. But not for the lights. I wish HomeBuddy was updated.

If you report the issue you are having with AutHomation, I can fix it. If the problem goes un-reported, I can not do anything about it. I have to rely on the community to report bugs as very Vera setup is different. So if you feel like telling me what the issue is, please report it in the AutHomation sub-forum and I can look into it.

• Garrett