Introduction to VeraMate [Feat. GeoFencing/iBeacons/Voice Control/Watch & more]

The reason I like to also be able to make large fences is to cover the whole town. Example if I’m in town or away on vacation. After more then about a hour or 2’s drive from my house it knows I’m not coming home.

I have the same thing setup when entering my vacation house at the Lake. When I enter town things like hot water heater and a/c’s change pattern vs. when I’m out of town. I can leave the house go out on the river drive into town or what ever and it knows I’m still coming back home, but when I get say 50 miles or more away it knows to put the vacation house into away mode.

On this yes I can probley use a single or 2 roads as the lake doesn’t have many entrances, but home near Los Angeles has many options and directions of travel. On my androids this works fine with what I believe is an unlimited size (or so I have yet to reach the max).

Does the VeraMate app have to be open for Geofencing to trigger a scene?

Pre iOS9, no. But iOS9 has broken some functionality - VeraMate 10.2 (hopefully Apple will release in around 5 - 7 days), will fix this.

VeraMate currently knows about 7 different manufacturers, which can be scanned automatically, but it’s easy to scan if VeraMate doesn’t know about it.
[/quote]

which 7 different manufactures are you referring to? I would really like to purchase some ibeacons… Thanks for your help!

Hmm I may have miscounted (or taken 2 of them out) - either way, there are 5 in the code now that I’ve tried to include the UUID for.

ESTIMOTE
GLIMWORM
KONTAKT
PARTICLE
ROXIMITY1

I should caveat this with, that I’ve only tested directly with Estimote. I’ve had other users try others, but I haven’t recorded that. I’ll try and keep a record in future for anyone who uses other manufacturers, so if you decide to get any, it’d be great to start a new thread with your experiences (which I’ll document on the website). And any UUID used for your manufacturer, let me know, and I’ll add to the codebase.

I use iPhone 6 with iOS 11.2 and VeraMate Premium 11.9.2.2.

I have managed to setup an iBeacon in VeraMate, but for some reason it triggers the scene only if VeraMate is in the foreground or background.
When I remove the app from the background, it doesn’t trigger the scene.

In Settings, I have General → Background App Refresh – VeraMate set to On
and
Privacy → Location Services → VerMate set to While Using the App

I am almost sure that also the VeraMate’s GeoFencing scene triggering stopped in cases VeraMate is not in the background, a thing I am SURE was working in the past.

I know that Apple has changed something regarding Location Services settings in iOS 11, and I think the issue might be coming from the lack of selecting “Always” for VeraMate’s Location Services.

Is there anyone who has VeraMate’s GeoFencing / iBeacon working without the running in the background, with iOS 11?
Are there any plans to fix this?

Edit: Just noticed also others have issues with GeoFencing after upgrading to iOS 11. I really hope VeraMate will update his app soon.

Hey all, wanted to just check in and see if anyone knows if this was ever solved. Having the same issue on my iphone which just went to iOS 11

thanks!

The developer is not very active and I have not seen him post anything in months. Personally, I have used the iPhone Locator plug-in with great success.

From what I have read, the Vera iOS app also is hit or miss on geofencing.

watchOS 4.3.1 it displays a message that says, “The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility”.

If you tap OK, it will still run the app though, which suggests Apple won’t drop support when the official watchOS 4.3.1 upgrade rolls out. Instead many are speculating the upcoming watchOS 5 will sound the death knell for those apps built using the oldest SDK for the watch.

Under IOS12 NOT WORKING the Prof. version, and the developer not very active…