Introducing Homewave: A User-Friendly Remote Control App

Hi intveltr

I like the idea/concept and I’d love to look at the video.
Are you able to upload it again?

I reposted the video without any soundtrack; hopefully this one is available everywhere: homebutton (beta, no audio) - YouTube

Wow, finanly could watch it, great app, exactly what is needed, simple with good config options. Just make an option for multiple pages.

Also consider doing an android version, since now a cheap 7" tablet is 80usd, it can serv as permanent wall switch displaying configurable info. It is cheaper then some premium dumb switches

Maciej

Will you be able to transfer, import/export, the configuration to other iOS devices so I can share it with my wife’s phone?

Thanks

Looks cool.

I missed the beta sign up, but I’d love to help out. I’ll be local to Vera for a few days, then remote access for a week, then local again.

That is certainly the plan, though this feature will not make it into the first release. The idea is that configurations of individual screens or the complete config can be saved to or loaded from files. There will also be an option for an automatic over-the-air transfer of configurations, so that Z-wave installers can maintain the configs for their clients and push out new ones when necessary.

Unfortunately I can’t sign up more beta testers; Apple limits the number of testers to which I can send apps outside the App store process.

Great work! Looks cool and I can see paying $3.99 for it.

Couple questions:

1. Will it have support for video feeds?
  2. Will it be avialable in English?

[quote=“groovydude, post:13, topic:172030”]Great work! Looks cool and I can see paying $3.99 for it.

Couple questions:

1. Will it have support for video feeds?
  2. Will it be avialable in English?[/quote]

$3.99?
I would certainly pay more for this (but only if I get my background color changing option :P).

1: You can already see your video feeds from your cams.
2: The current beta is in English

Flo

Don’t give the dev any ideas… ;D $3.99 is just right; right?

This looks like it will be a great app. Looking forward to the release.

The app has been very handy.

I like that it’s configurable and looks very human friendly. :slight_smile:

Hurry up and take my money!

HomeWave will be submitted to the App store today! There are a few outstanding minor issues but they will be fixed in subsequent releases. Barring any major bugs being found, or issues during the review process, the app will probably hit the store in 2 weeks. :slight_smile:

The website is up as well on: http://homewave.intvelt.com/ It just needs a few videos, to be added as soon as I get the chance to record them.

Please announce when it’s available!
Using SQRemote now. Ready to try this! Definitely like the apps that are configurable.

WOW. THE BEST APP SO FAR! PERIOD!!

Very nice!

The only issue I encountered was with a thermostat. I was trying to set heating and cooling set-points, but it wouldn’t accept the settings. The settings were correct, but it just said “Off” for all of them. I quit out of the app and back in, and it worked.

Gave it 4 stars on the app store. I’ll change it to 5 when it’s been refined a bit more.

I’m a bit confused about accessing my Vera. It didn’t ask for a password. So I’m guessing the only security I have is my WiFi password? I have yet to try outside the house. How does it log into mios?

Issues:

• Making mistakes is painful. If I screw up the grid or arrange something I didn’t like in one spot, I can’t re-arrange/move it. There needs to be a better way to move a control. Probably cut/paste would work fine.
    If you screw up the grid, even if you put it back, you’re stuck and either have to close the app to avoid saving, or simply have to remove the group and start over. :frowning:
  • You should be able to add controls (and folders) to the home screen.

Beats other apps HANDS DOWN:
It works with all the other plugins! Combination Plug-in doesn’t work with other apps, but does with this one! Makes my garage door act as one switch/sensor. Awesome!

Oh yeah, I have to agree with the other guy. A really really great (and possibly simple feature) would be to allow custom backgrounds. Let the user specify a photo! So I could add a photo for each screen that represented the room it controlled! Subsequent design suggestion, add a drop shadow layer behind the controls so bright or dark photos don’t make the controls disappear. :wink:

Correct: anyone on your LAN can access your Vera.
The app connects to MIOS using your username/password for this service; these can be entered in the app settings.

Issues: - Making mistakes is painful. If I screw up the grid or arrange something I didn't like in one spot, I can't re-arrange/move it. There needs to be a better way to move a control. Probably cut/paste would work fine. If you screw up the grid, even if you put it back, you're stuck and either have to close the app to avoid saving, or simply have to remove the group and start over. :( - You should be able to add controls (and folders) to the home screen.

Moving controls is possible: touch and hold for a few moments, then drag it to its new location.
What do you mean exactly by screwing up the grid?
Perhaps an undo button would help make things easier?