Introducing Homewave: A User-Friendly Remote Control App

Nice to get comprehensive feedback like this :slight_smile:

Sounds like a bug. If you exit the app completely and then open it again, the deleted screen should be gone from the swipe rotation.

Thermostats are in Celsius only. I have min/max set on my thermostats, and warnings set up via Prowl, so I can't control the thermostats without setting off warnings (because I can't set the thermostat above 69 deg C). When I set the thermostats to 73 deg F in MIOS web interface, HomeWave shows 75 deg C. If I touch HomeWave, I get warnings from Prowl, and...

Open your iPhone’s settings screen, and scroll down. You’ll find HomeWave amongst the apps listed here. This is where the app preferences live, and where you can set the temperature unit to Fahrenheit.

When warnings (or other ALERTS, vs. "badges" or "banners" on the iPhone) come in, HomeWave shoots back to the Home screen. That's a pain if you're in the middle of something & an email comes in.

Another bug, I will look into this.

If I try to select an area with a "1x2" block with two "1x1" blocks next to it, I can't. I have to first split the 1x2.

That is per design. Someone else mentioned this, and in principle the app should allow you to select an area of mixed sized controls, as long as the selected area is rectangular. This is on the list to change.

If I add a "No control" empty space or label, I can't format it. No size, color, background, etc.

Correct, you can only set the label text. The upcoming v1.2 release will have some more options for formatting controls.

It seems to take about 5 seconds from the time I send a command via the MIOS web interface on my computer until it updates in HomeWave. Not good, not bad.

That is the nature of apps like these. Changes are not instantly pushed to the app, instead, Vera is polled every 5 to 10 secs to report changes.

It'd be nice to be able to change the format (colors, vertical alignment) of the elements on the Home Screen as you can on the other screens.

Coming in v1.2 :slight_smile:

[quote=“intveltr, post:41, topic:172030”]Nice to get comprehensive feedback like this :slight_smile:

That it is, thanks–worked like a charm.[quote=“intveltr, post:41, topic:172030”]

Thermostats are in Celsius only. I have min/max set on my thermostats, and warnings set up via Prowl, so I can’t control the thermostats without setting off warnings (because I can’t set the thermostat above 69 deg C). When I set the thermostats to 73 deg F in MIOS web interface, HomeWave shows 75 deg C. If I touch HomeWave, I get warnings from Prowl, and…

Open your iPhone’s settings screen, and scroll down. You’ll find HomeWave amongst the apps listed here. This is where the app preferences live, and where you can set the temperature unit to Fahrenheit.[/quote]
Done, thanks.[quote=“intveltr, post:41, topic:172030”]
When warnings come in…

Another bug, I will look into this.[/quote] Great, thank you.

[quote=“intveltr, post:41, topic:172030”]

If I try to select an area with a “1x2” block with two “1x1” blocks next to it…

That is per design. Someone else mentioned this, and in principle the app should allow you to select an area of mixed sized controls, as long as the selected area is rectangular. This is on the list to change.[/quote]
Got it.

If I add a “No control” empty space or label, I can’t format it. No size, color, background, etc.

Correct, you can only set the label text. The upcoming v1.2 release will have some more options for formatting controls.[/quote]Cool.

No problem, like I said, not good, not bad. It’s probably comparable to iVera.

It’d be nice to be able to change the format (colors, vertical alignment) of the elements on the Home Screen as you can on the other screens.
Coming in v1.2 :)[/quote]Great! Looking forward to it. On iPad, as well, I read elsewhere…

Another thing - add an element in one of the sub-screens by selecting the “+” button, and then you change your mind & hit “cancel”. It adds a new, undefined element anyway.

After a few days, I realize I haven’t used iVera at all. I like having the ability to put all of the commonly-used scenes AND devices on one screen. It’s working well.

My door lock commands don’t work, whether I select Disable, Enable, Ask, or PIN. I can send commands from MiOS and they work. The status reports correctly on both MiOS and HomeWave. Here’s what happens on HomeWave, with “Enabled”

[ol][li]Front door is locked, and status shows locked.[/li]
[li]Press front door, text changes to unlocked, ring/text changes to grey (but door remains locked)[/li]
[li]After a few seconds, status reverts to locked, ring back to locked color[/li][/ol]

If I select Ask, it does the same, but gives me the dialog box first.

If I select PIN… well, I don’t know what it’s doing:

[ol][li]Front door is locked, and status shows locked.[/li]
[li]Press front door, text changes to unlocked, ring/text changes to grey–it doesn’t ask for a PIN![/li]
[li]It remains grey. I can hit it again & it toggles status each time, but physical door lock status never changes.[/li][/ol]

Not sure what the deal is with these locks… they work for some, but others have reported issues with them as well. Can you try the following URL please?

http://192.168.2.13:3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=57&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Replace 192.168.2.13 with the IP address of your own Vera, and DeviceNum=57 with the device ID of one of your locks. This command should lock it.

I did notice that for some reason, locks were created with user interaction disabled (will be fixed in 1.2). The PIN dialog only appears if you set a PIN for the app (press the “i” button on the Home screen to do this)

[quote=“intveltr, post:45, topic:172030”]Not sure what the deal is with these locks… they work for some, but others have reported issues with them as well. Can you try the following URL please?
http://192.168.2.13:3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=57&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Replace 192.168.2.13 with the IP address of your own Vera, and DeviceNum=57 with the device ID of one of your locks. This command should lock it.
I did notice that for some reason, locks were created with user interaction disabled (will be fixed in 1.2). The PIN dialog only appears if you set a PIN for the app (press the “i” button on the Home screen to do this)[/quote]
Ah, I set the PIN, and now that feature works.

I will try the URL above when I’m local.

One other thing - I have an exterior light that occasionally doesn’t respond to commands due to how far it is from Vera; now is one of those times.

If I try to shut it off from HomeWave, it goes grey, then reports off (blue). And it stays off. However, in MiOS, it shows an error code 1. HomeWave probably should show something other than a successful command/status change in this case.

Re. issues with locks: the bug that causes newly added locks to be “interaction disabled” also causes them to not send out anything to Vera even when they are set to “enabled” and clicked. Workaround: re-link the lock controls in HomeWave to your locks in Vera. Version 1.2 will fix this without the need to re-link.

Re. responding to Z-wave transmission errors: HomeWave currently doesn’t do this. Added for a future version.

Thanks! I’ll try again when I’m at home.

Please, get support to Z-Extender 300 from Remotec, is cheaper and good quality.

Bought HomeWave last night and installed it on my iPad, and am loving it! I’m planning to put the iPad on the wall at some point and this would be the perfect ‘control panel’ screen for it.

Love this app!!! Great Job!!!

The home page should have an option to choose control panel or switch/scene. I see that I can only config the home screen for control panels.

Also looking for more colors and icons.

Now my mind is busy configuring :-))

Thanks for this great app.

Wow,
This app is great. Was sceptical at first, but I love the design, and how simple it is. Finally something that is WAF approved. (wife acceptance factor).

Good work :smiley:

[quote=“EvenTj, post:53, topic:172030”]Wow,
This app is great. Was sceptical at first, but I love the design, and how simple it is. Finally something that is WAF approved. (wife acceptance factor).

Good work :D[/quote]

I’ll second that too! … And the WAF effect.
So simple to set up and use.
Would like to see battery status available, but I see that’s on the plan.
Don’t make it too fancy,
“Less is more”.

Only problem I have found is that my rooms all get shown as “Downstairs” sometimes, but revert to correct names once I restart the app.

AKB

[quote=“akbooer, post:54, topic:172030”]Don’t make it too fancy,
“Less is more”.[/quote]
I like how bells and whistles can be enabled/disabled.

Only problem I have found is that my rooms all get shown as "Downstairs" sometimes, but revert to correct names once I restart the app.
Yeah, I've seen that too. Didn't find a good recipe to reproduce it. Haven't seen it with v1.2 yet (but did try to look for it, by cruising through the rooms for a while).

If the problem with the room names occur, can it be fixed by clicking the “Refresh list” button?

HomeWave keeps a list of rooms, devices etc so it doesn’t have to poll Vera for them every time. Perhaps it loses track of the rooms for some reason an shows a default label (downstairs)

Okay well, I love my homewave, but I’ve switched to Windows Phone.
Currently using an app called “Grasshopper” which allows you to have devices/scenes on the home screen.

Homewave is still the best app for Vera period. Wish you would port it. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have a problem with v1.2 with all my security sensors.
I can’t anymore “lock the control”. If i go into edit mode and select a motion sensor anc click the setup button and choose “Disabled” then press “Ok” and “Save”. It won’t be disabled. It means that if i click on it, it will arm or bypass it.

If i go back in edit mode i see that the button is “Enabled” and it never save my “Disabled” change.

This was working fine with v1.1 and it seems broken in v1.2.

Is there someone else with the same problem ?

I’m seeing the same; I’ll look into it

Hi
I’ve been really happy with this App and it’s taken over as my favourite. I’m really liking all the customisation in version 1.2. All of a sudden it has stopped working remotely, I believe also described by another user on the website. I have tried removing the serial no and IP address but it still doesn’t connect.
Vera Mobile is still working fine

Anything else I can try?