Internet outage and altui on openluup

Had an Internet outage just thru today lasting over 24 hours. Everything worked fine on altui running on openluup that is already programmed. However I was unable access the altui gui on the openluup instance to control devices or write code, adjust reactors, etc. The altui interface would not load because it had no internet.

Is there a way to make sure altui can still be accessed locally in case the internet goes down??

I will speak for @akbooer here. He has been working on the openluup “console” which, while not a full replacement of ALTUI, is a good short term substitute. I too noticed a very internet and especially google dependance of ALTUI.
If you get the latest openluup version, you can access with through this address: http://IP:3480/openLuup
Otherwise you can localize the CDN for ALTUI which I found to be tricky and painful to do.

I will speak for @amg0 here. This issue has been addressed previously:

yes , correct
here is 1y old doc. of course, all files need to follow the same version as ALTUI in normal mode…

It works pretty well.

The localized CDN folder could use some refresh. I just upgraded the ace version and added ace themes on mine.