Intermatic HA07 not configuring

None of the above works for me on my VeraLite and HA07 - the only thing on the controller that works after pairing with vera is the ‘all on’ and ‘all off’ button which just turns all scene-capable modules on the network on or off.

The controller shows up in Vera, but there is no “treat scene buttons as events” checkbox as far as I can see (deprecated?) - regardless of what scene button I assign to the controller as a trigger, nothing happens - it will say “Successful” instantly when I press a button on the HA07.

I’m thinking I just can’t find the option to turn on treating scene buttons as events, could anyone help find it?

I believe that documentation is obsolete, there is no “treat scene buttons as events” option, you simply add controller (HA07) to vera, create your scene by setting up your actions, then go to triggers tab (while still designing that scene) and “add trigger” choose your remote, select “a scene is activated” from the dropdown, name your trigger, and in the “scene number” box you will put your button number starting with 1 for first button etc. save and you are done, it will now run the scene. if however your scene includes simple commands like turning on a light you can re-add the HA07 (same as you did the first time) to vera and now it would turn on those lights even if vera was not on (and often will be quicker than through a scene this way), of course it can not execute multistep scenes without vera.
PS: just installed and tested HA09 on veralite as above and it works fine

FYI For UI4 users
UI4 works like UI5 (as per the above posts), except the ‘triggers tab’ is the ‘events tab’.

Old thread but I need some help. I am trying to get the HA07 set-up with Ui7 on a VeraLite. So far I have the HA07 associated with the Vera and can assign scenes to button numbers but I can’t figure out how to get the scenes onto the HA07 or get the HA07 to trigger the scenes or how to get a square peg into a round hole. All that does work is the All On button turns everything on and the opposite happens with the all off button. The info found here and around the forum is old or partialy incorrect or missing a step or something so if anyone knows the help would be greeatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried to re-include the HA07 to Vera? (Vera will detect that it already knows about the HA07, but will also download all of the devices/scenes/etc info again).

How? I don’t even remember which way I had to jury the Vera to begin to accept the HA07. I believe I did it as a generic Z-wave device as nothing else was working. I tried the same thing again and nadda.

I have a couple of these things. If I recall correctly the ‘on’ switches could trigger a scene, but not the ‘off’ buttons. So if I wanted a scene that had, say an on mode and an off mode, I would have to use switch 1 on for on, and switch 2 on, for off. That is why that are in the pile of things I don’t use anymore but cannot quite throw them in the trash.

They are also controllers so they have to be included as such and not a generic device. That is if I recall correctly. :slight_smile:

Did a quick check; VeraEdge / UI7: ‘network+channel’ reset HA07, included it into Vera’s network, then associated an appliance module with channel 1, and a second appliance module with channel 2; can control both modules successfully.

This is one way of using the HA07 (i.e. have it learn the network, then use the built-in functions to control modules). Have not tried using scenes again.

I am not on UI7, so I cannot point to the actual button, but there should be somewhere in the include new device area for adding a new secondary controller. To belabor what may be the obvious, you also have to function the HA07 at the same time to accept the Vera include. (if I recall correctly, you hold down the Include button on the HA07 until the display flashes, then press Channel 1 off.)

I use oTi’s method for my GE controllers (Vera does not seem to work well with them). As I have several GE remote controllers, I found that I could include all of the remotes into Vera (so they are part of the network), program one of them manually, then clone that remote to the other GE remotes.

Appreciate the help everyone. I’m not able to do any testing until next week.

I’m only looking for scene control with this unit (ATM) as ultimately for this set-up an in-wall light switch replacement with additional scene control buttons. Sadly those seem few and far between and not that easy to set up either. At the front door there’s a front light switch in a 2-gang box with a 2-way switch for the landing lights. Both are z-wave switches now but if the outside light switch can both control the outside light and give me a few buttons to manually trigger scenes would be awesome.

I’ll keep trying this HA07 as an interim solution as I was able to get them from some very gracious users on this board.

I had cleared out my HA07 per the HA07 manual, then introduced it into’s Vera’s network per the HA07 manual (the combination @aa6vh mentioned: hold down include until ‘COPY’ then 1/off), using a ‘generic’ include on Vera (as I always do).

After that, one can assign the ‘channels’ to devices, per the HA07 manual.

I did now also check the log and Vera attached herself to each channel, so one can also set up scenes on Vera. Proceeded to set up scene ‘3’ to turn both appliances modules on. And a scene ‘4’ to turn both off. Appears to work.

I thought I remembered a bug that won’t let you go beyond scene ‘9’ (the HA07 supports 12); which still appears to be present as well.

So:

Button 1 on/off → Module 1 on/off *
Button 2 on/off → Module 2 on/off *
Button 3 on → Module 1 and Module 2 on **
Button 4 on → Module 1 and Module 2 off **

• = programmed on HA07
    ** = programmed as scene on Vera

You are correct that Vera scenes cannot be invoked from buttons 10, 11, or 12. However, these buttons can still be used for lights that are directly programmed into the HA07 by Vera. (In other words, the buttons work, but Vera is not notified when the button is pressed, so no Vera scenes are run.)

Exactly. (Vera does not associate herself with scenes/buttons 10, 11 and 12. Attempting to work around by re-including the HA07 led to strange Vera behavior, by the way.)

Suggestion for use: associate the buttons directly on the HA07, so you get both on and off behavior. Because of the direct control by the HA07, Vera won’t see a status change until the next poll. The way around that, if desired, is to create a scene (or scenes) that poll(s) the relevant device(s); a scene for button 0 that polls all devices used with the HA07 should be part of this setup, to make Vera see the off’s.

@Batiatus: not sure if relevant, but I use a Leviton VRCZ4-MRZ at the front door, to control the outside light, the driveway lighting, walkway lighting, and it has an ‘away’ button.

LOL you guys are working way to hard on all this. Wish I could do more to show gratitude. I will look into that other controller. I have a few of these things and ideas how I can use them if I can get them working with Vera. Now everyone go enjoy your weekends!!!