Intermatic Dimmers are sloooow.

Love my Intermatic dimmer controls, but they are slow when using them manually. I have looked for the parameter to lower the 100 steps, but I don’t see where it is set? Anyone know? :slight_smile:

I’ve looked for this many times myself and others have posted about it. I don’t believe there is a setting to control the ramp speed.

I would also love a way to turn off the dimming function, so that i could use these switches for fans, halogens, for my existing circuits without neutrals at the box…
i am dreaming though.

i found a way to have 3 levels, all on, slightly on 1% and off, but nothing to get rid of that 1% (and i dont think it is possible, thats why a neutral is needed)-

you think 1% running to a cieling fan, for exmaple, will mess it up?

You should not use a dimmer tied to a ceiling fan. It could damage the fan motor and dimmer itself. You need to use a switch designed for a ceiling fan.

• Garrett

I connected my Evolve dimmer (in-wall) to my ceiling fan.
Works like a champ!

However, I do agree with garrett though. I got a cheap ceiling fan. I would not connect a $$$$ fan to it…

That is because your Evolv dimmer has a neutral correct? Unless the dimmer states it works with ceiling fans, I would not use it for that purpose.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:6, topic:172679”]That is because your Evolv dimmer has a neutral correct? Unless the dimmer states it works with ceiling fans, I would not use it for that purpose.

• Garrett[/quote]

That is correct Garrett… it has a neutral…
So it should not supply any voltage to the fan when turned off… at least my LEDs stay dark when the switch is off ::slight_smile: