Intents Examples

I am a donating user and have been using this app since way before it’s overhaul.

I am just curious what other kinds of variables we can send to the homebuddy application from the outside. How do the scene shortcuts work? What are some of the more advanced stuff we can que homebuddy to do from outside of it?

I am asking because there are programs that allow for scenarios based on your phone state/location/etc etc that can trigger commands to other applications automatically and this kind of goes hand in hand with automating things even further.

I would love to see a tutorial of some sort, a “user guide” along with a “technical guide” detailing more technical options so we can take full advantage of this app.

Homebuddy only allows to trigger a scene via an intent. Not sure if rakstar will implement other actions. My android application AutHomation allows for other actions to be issued via intents. Not just scenes. For example you can have another app like a nfc app issue an intent to turn on a dimmer at a set light level.

• Garrett

@Thinkfire thank you so much for you donation, I really appreciate it! Garrett’s right. currently, Home Buddy is only capable of receiving intents for Scenes. I do have, in my pipeline, the ability to trigger device actions, but to be honest, that’s a bit low on the list right now because I feel like Vera provides more flexibility in it’s interface to make granular controls using Scenes. I think Garrett’s app is worth checking out as well if you need this level of granularity on your Android device right now.

By the way, have you seen my tips and tricks page? The 1 tip and trick on there now is pretty much what you’re asking for… it shows how to set up Tasker or Llama to trigger scenes in Home Buddy. The intent in the tutorial is the same as what’s behind the shortcuts that Home Buddy creates.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

I just bought a second hand Samsung s3, AutomationHD voice controll continue to tell me that she do not understand me! I am assuming that it don’t support S3 (is that correct?). Home buddy works well but like you said, it can only execute a scene. I am now able to use Task, Autovoice and Automation intent to execute voice commands.

This is the wrong forum for asking about if AutHomationHD voice recognition support. It should support all devices that allow for google speech recognition. Is english your native language or second? In the next release of AutHomatoinHD, I am hoping to improve upon the voice recognition. It can be temperamental if english is not your first language and spoken cleanly.

• Garrett