Integrating Powermax Pro with Vera Edge UI7

I thought I had it all set up, and then, all was lost… Where to start… Okay, I got all the wires connected and on the device settings page (in this case for the Powermax) of the Vera panel, with General options and Powerlink options. There it said at first: “Communicate using IP”, which put me off because in Visonic Powermax Alarm Panel it had said “Communicate with UART”. (In the same reference is referred to a website to download the plugin, but the website did not recognize the Vera Edge in my home network (?). It took me a while to see the Apps option on the Vera Smarter Control webpage). But somehow I could proceed and correct the zone configuration in the Vera of a few older Powermax PIR motion sensors, which had wrongly been read as Door/Window sensors (by toggling the auto-create devices option, under Powerlink options. Happy surprise: the correction remained intact even after switching the option back on again).
All the time it had said “Communicate using IP”. After I had renamed a PIR Motion sensor in the Powermax system, and this new name was not transferred to the Vera panel, I noticed that the above mentioned device settings page had gone corrupt with the disappearance op the toggle options: ie the options are still there but the cannot be adjusted anymore. Maybe by coincidence “Communicate using IP” had changed to “Communicate using UART”. My old motion sensors are, again, no longer recognized as such, and I cannot toggle the auto-create devices option to make my earlier corrections. Reload op the plugin does not help. How to restore the device setting page? Or better still, my earlier configuration?

Continued…I was able to re-install my earlier configuration with a backup, but with the devices settings page still remaining corrupt. Looks like an unstable situation where my configuration may change again without notice. Changes in the Powermax system are probably also not automatically reflected on the Vera Smarter Control website (?) What may have caused the devices settings page to become corrupt and how can I be sure that this does not affect Vera’s functioning? (also in view of other, still less informed system users!)
Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue.