Insteon support with Vera Light

Hi All:

Pardon the noob question. I have a Vera light controlling about a dozen zwave nodes. I am considering adding Insteon to my system.

I think that I need to add a USB controller to the Vera. I already have a USB device connected to my system to control my alarm panel. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I use a USB hub on my Vera to connect both the AD2USB and an insteon controller?
  2. If not is there another IP based Insteon controller that can be added to the system and controlled from the Vera?

Thanks in advance.

I would assume a USB hub would work without issue - it’s certainly easy enough to try. For what it’s worth, it’s Vera Lite not Vera Light. Folks may be confused that you are asking about a light switch or dimmer otherwise!

sabolcik -

There aren’t any network attached PLMs that will work with any of the Veras. The only network attached controller is the 2412N, which isn’t a normal PLM. Rather it is a full on controller itself.

I am working on eventually adding support to Altsteon for using a serial PLM over a network with a network->serial adapter, but I don’t know when I’ll have time to get it all done.

It works. I just did it. You just need to watch out for changes in existing serial settings.