Insteon Range??

Just curious what others have experienced here.
I just got started with insteon by getting their starter kit which is an insteon hub and two lamplincs.
With the hub any more than 10 feet away from the lamplinc I can’t get it to work.
One lamplinc can talk to the other one at about 30 feet though. Specs say 150’ range for wireless.

Is this normal? Seems to me that range would have to be better than this for insteon to be surviving as a company.
Also the ethernet port will blink when there is no cable plugged in. Seems like maybe I have a bad hub.

Any thoughts??

[quote=“danbutter, post:1, topic:184414”]Just curious what others have experienced here.
I just got started with insteon by getting their starter kit which is an insteon hub and two lamplincs.
With the hub any more than 10 feet away from the lamplinc I can’t get it to work.
One lamplinc can talk to the other one at about 30 feet though. Specs say 150’ range for wireless.

Is this normal? Seems to me that range would have to be better than this for insteon to be surviving as a company.
Also the ethernet port will blink when there is no cable plugged in. Seems like maybe I have a bad hub.

Any thoughts??[/quote]

Most of us here use the PLM to interface with the Vera since this is a Vera forum.

That being said it looks like the Insteon Hub is dual-band and as such should have a similar range. I have my PLM in my basement and my devices are all more than 10’ away and work fine.

It may be a bad hub, or there may just be some interference. Hard to say based on the available information.

Yeah it is hard to say what the actual cause is, but I think if nobody is telling me that 10ft (especially out of 150 rated) is normal and everyone I can find says the ethernet port goes dark when the cable is unplugged that I really do have a bad piece of hardware.

Thanks for answering