Insteon Hub + VeraLite

Is it possible to fire a scene from an Insteon Hub that would remotely trigger a Z-Wave device connected to Vera?

Ex. I’d like to expose Z-Wave locks or alarm functions (arm/disarm) that are connected to Vera as Insteon devices to the Insteon Hub. (Insteon Hub (Fire Scene) → Insteon PLM → VeraLite → Z-Wave Lock) In other words, can you create virtual Insteon devices that are linked to macros or devices in Vera?

Not in the hub, as far as I know. In my short time with the hub, I found it extremely limiting, slow, and clunky.
It did what it was designed to do, but it took forever. It appears to be a completely closed system.

There was some talk about a Vera plugin (or modification to Altsteon) to allow it to talk to the Hub. Then you could fire scenes in Vera, and your flow would be:
Vera (Fire Scene) → Z-Wave Lock
Vera (Fire Scene) → Insteon Hub → Insteon Device

I know this topic is old, but seems relevant.
I was reading this blog:
http://blog.automategreen.com/post/under-the-insteon-hub-hood
and it says the PLM stuff is the same in the HUB.

Is there any way documented on how to use the insteon hub with vera?
In my searching I found one person that said they were able to, but didn’t list how.

Insteon now has a rest api so this shouldn’t be too hard. At least depending on what the api exposed that is. With the new homekit unit coming, I’m strongly considering getting one. My insteon network is much bigger than my zwave network, but I need some things only Vera can do- so some integration would be awesome.

Insteon now has a rest api
Hi, i've written my own full insteon software and control connecting directly to the hub (not for vera at this point). I was not aware of a rest api. Do you have a link to this or any more information about it?

Thanks!

[quote=“techoguy, post:5, topic:177664”]

Insteon now has a rest api

Hi, i’ve written my own full insteon software and control connecting directly to the hub (not for vera at this point). I was not aware of a rest api. Do you have a link to this or any more information about it?

Thanks![/quote]

http://www.insteon.com/developer/