Instant status with insteon and vera edge?

Are insteon switches instant status with the vera edge?

You would need to use Altsteon or an ISY controller and the ISY plugin. The built in insteon support of vera is limited.

• Garrett

Garrett - have you gotten Altsteon working on a Vera Edge?

I do not use Altsteon and do not own a Vera edge. I use my own plugin (ISY Plugin) and the ISY controller.

• Garrett

Insteon support doesn’t seem to work with VeraEdge. Using a brand new VeraEdge and brand new Insteon 2413U modem. I have factory reset 3 times and installed the Insteon modem with the same result: INSTEON : No INSTEON

It looks like it adds the Insteon modem but then can’t communicate with it.

@mb323

We are still having issues with the USB port on the VeraEdge. This is a known problem, the Development Team is working on it and we hope to have it resolved in the next firmware update.

@Marc Shenker,

When the USB support is worked out, can we expect the Insteon Fanlinc modules to work natively? That is the only reason I have had to utilize Altsteon, which doesn’t seem to work on the VeraEdge. I installed Altsteon as a client to a remote instance of Altsteon working on a Raspberry PI.

Thanks!

Have same problem when adding my Insteon Powerlinc 2413U. Message on Veraedge says “NO INSTEAON”. I have many older X10 devices that worked well with UI5 on a Vera 3. Veraedge shows two ways to add Insteon-apparently one just activating device and another entering device ID. Both get says result “Command failed”. Is it more than USB problem, maybe 2413U is history with Veraedge…

I just set my Vera Edge up today and installed the 2413U and have the same issue. I setup a couple X10 switches and couldn’t get them to work. I get an error when I try to turn the X10 switch on or off and there is a message at the top of the screen that says “No Insteon”.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have several X10 switches in addition to my Z-wave switches and locks.