installing envisalink and using wifi with dsc

Hi all, i dont know if this is the right section to ask this.

i have installed the envisalink 4 and linked to DSC and everythings is ok.

Last 2 days i was in my office trying DSC plugin and 2 quesitions now are concerning me:

1)my router is far from where dsc alarm is located so i cant link directly. im using right now a Netgear wnce3001 (ethernet to wireless adapter) and works perfectly.
But…in case of powerloss , my router is behind an ups but i will lose my wifi adapter (powered by simple usb wire … 220V AC to 5v DC). So…if possible to power this wifi adapter directly from dsc panel? since the panel with this own battery could act as an UPS for severe hours…this would keep my wireless connection up too…Like a simple transformer ((see attachment pic) 12vd dc to 5v dc USB , but conneccted ,if possible to do that, where? (aux+ aux-??)

1. is possible to see bypassed zone through plugin? (or bypass a zone)… in other topic i have read i have not caught that very well if possible or not…

Thank you all very much and sorry for poor english

Ricky

1. You will need to know the current drawn by the WNCE3001, the aux+ output is 700mA and this would also reduce the up uptime of the panel whilst power is down… It is not designed for long life UPS type function.

2. Not directly from the DSC plugin; however, you can use the SendCommand

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1”,
“SendCommand”,
{Command = “071”, Data=“1#*100#”}, 175)

“1#*100#” represents keystroke as performed on the panel
175 represent the DeviceID

The thread and example below is recall bypass zones:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15939.msg121616.html#msg121616

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1”,
“SendCommand”,
{Command = “071”, Data=“1#*199#”}, 175)

Included:
Exit hash (the last #) or otherwise, the panel is left open.
Initialise 1# is just used as an initial keypress that wakes the panel with the # returning to the main menu.

Thank you for your answer.

So i will first need to mesure the current drawn, if i.e is 300ma (dont know just imagining),would be that possible with this connection aux+ aux -??

as soon as home i will test the luup code

Ricky

Yes, it would, the life expectancy of the panel without power would of course be affected.

I previously had similar but ran from an PC5204 that had 2 c 14 amp batteries connected. The PC5204 has its own power and thus, does not impact on the main panel.

mhh that would be interesting too…

i could try first if y panel can handle my usb wifi dongle, if not i could buy this expansion and then use it to power the transformer and also acting as ups.

i have to link with 4 wires like keypad to main panel and then battery and anther transofrmer 220ac to this module right?

Thanks again

Yes, it is connected to the keybus. It runs off a second transformer, and a separate battery too.

The other option would be a 5 volt mini ups. Might be a cheaper solution too.

i was looking for a 5v ups but honestly never found one. also with usb female to connect my dongle