Inconsistent Arming Function Names - UI7 on VeraPlus

I got my new VeraPlus all setup and installed the DSC plugin connecting to an 1864 via IT100 serial. Everything works pretty well, so thanks for all your work on this plugin. I did notice some inconsistencies that confused me.

Upon install, two devices are created, “DSC Panel” & “System”. The “DSC Panel” device is really only for configuration, and does not have any control function as far as I can tell. The “System” device has the typical “Stay”, “Force”, “Disarm”, and “Arm” functions I’m familiar with on my physical DSC panel. Along with these, is a box for entering options. This I understand, although one of my questions here is:

1: Where is the documentation on the options that can be entered here?

When you enter into the “My Modes” setup section from the Vera dashboard, where you set up config for “Home”, “Night”, “Away” and “Vacation”, only the “System” device shows up, which makes sense to me since that contains all the control functionality. But then you click the drop down menu, and your choice list is: “Turn Off”, “All On Delay”, “All On Instant”, “Part On Delay”, “Part On Instant”, and “Force Arm”. This is where I get confused.

1. Why the different choices in function names here? How do they map to Stay and Away?

2. Can you further explain what the differences here are?

3. What does “Turn Off” do? Is this equivalent to “Disarm” and will only work if that configuration option is enabled?

4. If I create a scene that is triggered off someone pushing the “Away” button on the physical DSC panel on my wall, and that scene tells the Vera to enter “Away Mode”, what happens when the Vera “Away” mode then tries to re-arm the “System” in “Away” mode. Am I creating some sort of loop here?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Hi

I’ve had my Vera (UI5) system integrated with my DSC 1864 system for about 2 years now and it has been working great. Bit the bullet and upgraded to a VeraPlus (UI7) and am just getting used to the little changes. I don’t know all the answers but below is what i do know

any other input would be great!

[quote=“ndoggac, post:1, topic:191249”]1: Where is the documentation on the options that can be entered here? I don’t know about this. I too would be grateful for some documentation.

When you enter into the “My Modes” setup section from the Vera dashboard, where you set up config for “Home”, “Night”, “Away” and “Vacation”, only the “System” device shows up, which makes sense to me since that contains all the control functionality. But then you click the drop down menu, and your choice list is: “Turn Off”, “All On Delay”, “All On Instant”, “Part On Delay”, “Part On Instant”, and “Force Arm”. This is where I get confused.

1. Why the different choices in function names here? How do they map to Stay and Away? All On Delay and All On Instant map to Away. Part on Delay and Part on Instant map to Stay. Force Arm forces the Away arm even if sensors are tripped.

2. Can you further explain what the differences here are? Delay ones give you the standard panel Delays (30 Seconds if i recall correctly for standard settings) Instant dismisses this countdown and the alarm goes straight into arm.

3. What does “Turn Off” do? Is this equivalent to “Disarm” and will only work if that configuration option is enabled? I assumed Turn Off was set to Disarm, but that is not working for me. even though i have that config option enabled. my panel lock button flashes briefly but then stays armed.

4. If I create a scene that is triggered off someone pushing the “Away” button on the physical DSC panel on my wall, and that scene tells the Vera to enter “Away Mode”, what happens when the Vera “Away” mode then tries to re-arm the “System” in “Away” mode. Am I creating some sort of loop here?
    I’ve wondered the same myself. i haven’t created any scenes that trigger the “modes” (i could see one where i disarm the panel manually, and it puts the system into Home mode) but haven’t tried this yet
    Thanks in advance for any answers.[/quote]

Used Vera 3 with DSC 1832 and IT-100 for five years no problem, was forced to upgrade it to UI7 now cant get alarm configured. Can someone put instructions for UI7…i tried UI4 & UI5 instructions but stills says can’t detect my sensors with “Can’t detect Device” in red text.