ImperiHome Android App

Does anyone know of a similar app but for Windows?

I want to hang a 10" tablet on the wall. Android versions get outdated to fast. When you buy a Android Device you are lucky to get one update to the version of Android. Out of all the Android phones and Tablets I have owned I have only gotten 1 major update and a couple small updates on any one device. I want to purchase a nice tablet and use it for several years. My tablet now won’t install all my apps and there is no new updates for my Tablet. I paid $400 for my Tablet and it got one big update and one small update. Now it’s stuck on Kit Kat. I do not want to buy a new Tablet every other year to keep up with the current version of Android.

Jim

The cupboard is pretty bare for Windows where Vera apps are concerned. ImperiHome seems to be available as a beta for cough iOS.

I run several cheap android phones (< $10) and tablets (<$50) as wall controllers. Most run Android 4.1 and Imperihome has no issues with that. Nor does AuthomationHD. Unfortunately development on the latter has ceased so I’m going to have to switch all to ImperiHome Pro in the very near future.

I can’t see putting a $300 tablet in the bathroom where the humidity will surely kill it. But a $7 4" cell phone? Not an issue at all. :wink: At least for me.

I installed Bluestacks on my PC and have been testing ImperiHome. Works good. Only bad thing is I can’t find any cheap Windows 10 Tablets. I currently have a Motorola Xoom Android tablet and it works good but the button to turn on the screen is on the back of the tablet so if I mount it on the wall it will be a pain to turn on the screen. I’ve been looking around for some Android tablets for under $100.

Jim

I would say 400 plus on an andriod tablet, you got taken for a ride. And for a wall mounted tablet to run imperihome you don’t need the lastest OS. they will get slow if you keep updating OS and adding more load to a few year old tablet.

The Ipad2 still takes the latest updates but is unusable slow now. Due to the hardware not being up to date with the OS.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:4, topic:191435”]I would say 400 plus on an andriod tablet, you got taken for a ride. And for a wall mounted tablet to run imperihome you don’t need the lastest OS. they will get slow if you keep updating OS and adding more load to a few year old tablet.

The Ipad2 still takes the latest updates but is unusable slow now. Due to the hardware not being up to date with the OS.[/quote]

When I bought my Tablet that was the cheapest one out. It’s about 3 years old.

Unfortunately 3 years is probley end of life for that type of device. I don’t keep a phone more then 1-2 years either. I don’t know what tablet it is, but I’m sure the hardware is 25% or so of what its available today, which is probley why they don’t update it anymore. But again for the use you shouldn’t need to update it.

It’s the Motorola Xoom. Here is a few specs. I may of had it longer than I thought.

LAUNCH Announced 2011, February. Released 2011, May
Status Discontinued
BODY Dimensions 249.1 x 167.8 x 12.9 mm (9.81 x 6.61 x 0.51 in)
Weight 730 g (1.61 lb)
DISPLAY Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 10.1 inches (~70.8% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 800 x 1280 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
PLATFORM OS Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Chipset Nvidia Tegra 2 T20
CPU Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9
GPU ULP GeForce
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 16/32/64 GB, 1 GB RAM

I’m thinking of trying the Insignia Flex 10.1" Android Tablet. 32GB model on sale at Best Buy for $129 or I seen a used one on Amazon 16GB model for $59.

What are you trying to use on the xoom that wont work the way it is? Can you purpose it for imperihome touch panel?

Imperihome app in the play store says:
Requires Android 4.0.3 and up

And your tablet says it goes up to 4.0.4

As for ImperiHome it works fine. I found a app I wanted to install (forgot the name) but it said was not compatible with my version of Android.

Still looking for a cheap Windows tablet? Have a look in WallyWorld.

[url=http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambio-with-WiFi-10.1-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Windows-10-Operating-System-Black/49532862]Robot or human?

Android tabby? Don’t expect Samsung or LG quality or an Android OS upgrade. But $45 for a quad core 7" running Lollipop? Front facing cam, WiFi and Blutooth? [url=http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-7-Tablet-16GB-Quad-Core/45804400]Robot or human?

[quote=“BOFH, post:11, topic:191435”]Still looking for a cheap Windows tablet? Have a look in WallyWorld.

[url=http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambio-with-WiFi-10.1-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Windows-10-Operating-System-Black/49532862]Robot or human?

Figures, Store only and all three Walmart’s in town are out of stock. Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep an eye open for one.

Jim