Ideas about how to Migrate Vera FW to Ezlo FW

You put Ezlo into learning mode…
You include Ezlo as a secondary controller to your Vera…
then You tell your Ezlo to be a primary controller…(very basic description of how it will work)
This seems to work in the lab…we are working on it to make sure it all works properly. Guys are on it.

Is that is?

We suggested that at the start adding Ezlo as a secondary controller then shifting roles.

In a very simple way…yes…
but it has more complexities like device names are not passed over…there has to be translation done taking from Vera to Ezlo etc etc…devil is always in the details!

1 Like

Yes I’m sure it is.

Anyway a tested and proven migration path will be a good thing.

2 Likes

This will be a game changer for sure. I just spent a day and a half moving all my devices and recreating all my scenes from scratch. Of the 70+ devices and 10+ scenes, there were and are a few hiccups that I am working to resolve. One was due to what I believe to be a bad device (when I replaced it, the problem disappeared).

Some scenes are not firing, still trying to work those issues.

1 Like

As much as I wouldn’t enjoy migrating (or re-adding) 50 odd devices (not including 40+ reactor sensors and PLEG logic), I could probably accept it to start clean. (The loss of the Visonic plugin would be a pain, thats really important, I could maybe live with it to trade up for hardware/stability)
Critical is the ability to build the same complex logic for my heating system (17+ z wave components) and notifications/schedules etc that I currently have in Reactor, must be possible to recreate as visually and completely as I currently have. It would take hours and hours to rebuild my logic, but I’d do it to get the newer platform and less buggy inclusions etc (which i’ve opened tickets about on Vera and never really resolved) - if it was possible as easily as it currently is (thanks only to third party plugin authors).

I stopped using Vera native scenes years ago as a missing/deleted device in a scene causes scenes to disappear. The ability in the new logic/scene builder to select a missing device (like you can in Reactor) rather than everything disappearing is important.

local web UI is critical too. I troubleshoot and build logic on a large screen. It’s good that now planned, as no way would I think about migrating without it.

upgrade/replacement (at least) across EZLO products like currently possible in Vera is important. Failed controller shouldn’t mean world of pain, neither should upgrading. Vera3->VeraPlus->VeraSecure was super simple and encouraged me to stay on platform, despite some issues. It would set the platform apart from Fibaro, where lite/pro cannot be cross migrated too currently either.

It sounds like the direction is the right one currently, but give us the visual and full (and robust) logic builder and a UI.

A true migration of config would be nice via export/import (z wave routes/mesh &/or settings) i’m sure for many with awkward powered devices, or a way to slave and migrate too would be nice.
Personally i’ll probably rebuild everything if reactor configs cant be migrated, as 90% of my effort will be in the logic rather than inclusion.
A Reactor backup to new EZLO logic conversion tool… well that might be a miraculous hope too!

Thanks @cadwizzard ! As we roll out EZLOgic, would love to give you an early Beta access perhaps? This way we can make sure EZLogic is built to your liking and we cover everything you need.

1 Like

That would be great, thanks!
I currently have both my Veras (Plus and a Secure) in seperate production networks. The Secure is my local one I could test migration scenarios with. Would I need a spare Vera or EZLO to work in the beta?
I’ve been toying with trying to grab an EZLO controller on some deal, but the lack of logic and web UI at that point were the main deterrence’s/non-starters.
I should add i’m using/located in UK with EU spec hardware.

I’ve thought for a while to look at side by side hardware to see how things match up and slowly build over if possible, one major component (like heating or motion/presence) at a time.

You would need an Ezlo FW (that you can use an existing Vera hardware for).
Yes, full blown Web based capabilities are coming soon.

I have an old Vera3 unused, would that be too low spec/capacity for this firmware for testing?

Otherwise I might grab a a Vera Edge* for the testing meanwhile - hopefully i’ll be able to migrate the logic later on to an EZLO, but we’ll see.

Update: Still interested in the question on the vera3, but i’ve managed to grab a second hand Veraplus specifically for testing. Can you please sign me up for any betas and direct me to the correct FW ? :slight_smile:

My VeraPlus died today, (no power light, PSU giving 12v, reset not working etc.) so looking urgently for a replacement.
I have tried the links at the top of the forum, which direct me to Amazon for the Ezlo plus, but Amazon UK does not recognise or stock it.
I am tempted to try the newer model, but is there any news on availability of the Ezlo Plus in the UK, or an upgrade / migration path (I have lot of LUA customisation developed over the years)?
Thanks
Octoplayer

Hi @Octoplayer,

Unfortunately, we have no official information on availability of the Ezlo platform for the EU market.

You may still be able to find Vera Plus units available on the European dealers so you can at least replace the unit in the meantime.

As far as we’ve seen, LUA scripts that work on the Vera platform don’t really work just the same on the Ezlo platform. I’m no coding expert, but others may be able to give you a bit more in depth info about this.

Vesternet have stock

So does eBay. I’ve bought a Vera plus unit for 80 bucks as a backup.

@melih
I got a spare controller today. It was working just fine. It prompted for a firmware update, which has now rendered it useless. I’ve spend a good few hours trying everything to get this online so I can test the new Vera and EZLO firmware, but now all I can do is reset, get prompted for a forced controller firmware update via home.getvera and it stays offline either with power flashing and all lights on or only power pulsing, depending how long I leave it. Can’t ping the IP home.getvera detects when it finds it, or SSH, or 192.168.81.1 or 192.168.1.1 which is also broadcasting on the wifi connection.

Could you please escalate ticket #247011 - I think i’ve put enough info into there ?

Regards,

Hello @cadwizzard,
Your request was very informative, don’t worry about it. We have already replied to it. Please follow the instructions there to troubleshoot the issue with your VeraPlus and let us know the results.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks. I’ll follow the initial instructions to the letter from the start, and then respond via support ticket with the other things i’ve worked out!

1 Like