Ideas about how to Migrate Vera FW to Ezlo FW

Totally agree. Without full Web GUI on a PC browser an Ezlo controller would be a huge downgrade from Vera rather than a welcome upgrade.

1 Like

Yep, its in works!

4 Likes

Will forums members who are in the private developers group, get an early Alpha sneak peek of this new web GUI ?

Thanks

1 Like

we should make sure…let me talk to the guys…

2 Likes

Any update regarding the web ui for the Ezloplus? Using the iphone app for a large installation is really painful.

I hear you!

1 Like

Thanks! I received my Ezloplus last weekend. I’ve decided to hold off using it, as I have 70+ devices on my VeraPlus and until a migration solution and a web ui is available. It’s just too much to do manually, so for now, I guess I’ll just wait for solutions.

2 Likes

Hi. First off, why would I want to take a system that I have working great, add to it an unproven system or worse, take the working VeraPlus unit and slave it to an unknown entity? Am I alone in saying this?

And, add to that the newer system (Ezlo platforms) approach is reported to have abandoned the Web UI entirely, thus limiting the ability to monitor functionality and correct errors and tweak parameters that might need it. For all the faults and suffering of the Vera platform, somehow this seems like a losing proposition when there are emerging newer systems on the market as alternatives, accommodating the series 700 Zwave chipset and newer range and functionality, and offer more options for use as a security device versus just a home automation device with some alerting capability. They also accommodate the other legacy sensors in the 319.5, 345 and 433 Mhz ranges with multiple cellular pathway options, all at affordable levels.

Admittedly, by the time the Vera product has completely been obsoleted, many more capable systems will have emerged. You might as well have negotiated a deal with 2GIG or Qolsys which both include a touch sensative screen and Web UI access, or figured out a path to creatively integrate added functionality of Simplysafe to expand your market audience.

Just saying… The world is full of choices for well researched needs of audiences. To the winner goes the spoils, and the customers.

Here is the correct report.

You can continue enjoying the Vera hub, we have no short term intention of stopping the support for it at all.

I’ve seen the SimplySafe DIY house alarm system advertised on UK TV. Don’t know any thing about it though or what protocols they are using?

2GIG stuff is 433mhz RF right? Vera Secure works with it. Didn’t Vera buy 2GIG?

Never seen these 2GIG devices in the EU?

Yes we need a UI7 Web GUI replacmemt and it’s coming we are told.

Trying to seriously configure anything in the Vera mobile app is just a waste of time.

Any word on how to move the zwave network to the new Ezlo Plus from my existing Vera Hub?

You put Ezlo into learning mode…
You include Ezlo as a secondary controller to your Vera…
then You tell your Ezlo to be a primary controller…(very basic description of how it will work)
This seems to work in the lab…we are working on it to make sure it all works properly. Guys are on it.

Is that is?

We suggested that at the start adding Ezlo as a secondary controller then shifting roles.

In a very simple way…yes…
but it has more complexities like device names are not passed over…there has to be translation done taking from Vera to Ezlo etc etc…devil is always in the details!

1 Like

Yes I’m sure it is.

Anyway a tested and proven migration path will be a good thing.

2 Likes

This will be a game changer for sure. I just spent a day and a half moving all my devices and recreating all my scenes from scratch. Of the 70+ devices and 10+ scenes, there were and are a few hiccups that I am working to resolve. One was due to what I believe to be a bad device (when I replaced it, the problem disappeared).

Some scenes are not firing, still trying to work those issues.

1 Like

As much as I wouldn’t enjoy migrating (or re-adding) 50 odd devices (not including 40+ reactor sensors and PLEG logic), I could probably accept it to start clean. (The loss of the Visonic plugin would be a pain, thats really important, I could maybe live with it to trade up for hardware/stability)
Critical is the ability to build the same complex logic for my heating system (17+ z wave components) and notifications/schedules etc that I currently have in Reactor, must be possible to recreate as visually and completely as I currently have. It would take hours and hours to rebuild my logic, but I’d do it to get the newer platform and less buggy inclusions etc (which i’ve opened tickets about on Vera and never really resolved) - if it was possible as easily as it currently is (thanks only to third party plugin authors).

I stopped using Vera native scenes years ago as a missing/deleted device in a scene causes scenes to disappear. The ability in the new logic/scene builder to select a missing device (like you can in Reactor) rather than everything disappearing is important.

local web UI is critical too. I troubleshoot and build logic on a large screen. It’s good that now planned, as no way would I think about migrating without it.

upgrade/replacement (at least) across EZLO products like currently possible in Vera is important. Failed controller shouldn’t mean world of pain, neither should upgrading. Vera3->VeraPlus->VeraSecure was super simple and encouraged me to stay on platform, despite some issues. It would set the platform apart from Fibaro, where lite/pro cannot be cross migrated too currently either.

It sounds like the direction is the right one currently, but give us the visual and full (and robust) logic builder and a UI.

A true migration of config would be nice via export/import (z wave routes/mesh &/or settings) i’m sure for many with awkward powered devices, or a way to slave and migrate too would be nice.
Personally i’ll probably rebuild everything if reactor configs cant be migrated, as 90% of my effort will be in the logic rather than inclusion.
A Reactor backup to new EZLO logic conversion tool… well that might be a miraculous hope too!

Thanks @cadwizzard ! As we roll out EZLOgic, would love to give you an early Beta access perhaps? This way we can make sure EZLogic is built to your liking and we cover everything you need.

1 Like

That would be great, thanks!
I currently have both my Veras (Plus and a Secure) in seperate production networks. The Secure is my local one I could test migration scenarios with. Would I need a spare Vera or EZLO to work in the beta?
I’ve been toying with trying to grab an EZLO controller on some deal, but the lack of logic and web UI at that point were the main deterrence’s/non-starters.
I should add i’m using/located in UK with EU spec hardware.

I’ve thought for a while to look at side by side hardware to see how things match up and slowly build over if possible, one major component (like heating or motion/presence) at a time.

You would need an Ezlo FW (that you can use an existing Vera hardware for).
Yes, full blown Web based capabilities are coming soon.