I still don't understand why it keeps saying NO

I don’t understand why this is not working. It keeps saying no. I can turn the switch on or off without a shortcut.

I had to say “turn off study light” as my shortcut and then have “tell vera concierge to turn off study light.”

Explain this one then, it works! Only the office light does not.

I can’t explain it. I wish I could.

I was having an issue with google home for a time. My speakers would fall in and out of my home network due to weak wifi. Their response when falling out of the wifi grid was unpredictable since the speaker was constantly trying to reconnect. If it could get reconnected it would respond. If not, I got nothing or “i’m sorry…blah…blah…”

I know that is probably not your issue. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Since it’s saying “NO”, it’s getting to Vera Concierge. The problem is the app, not Google Home. The shortcut is connecting to VC.

I realize this app is beta but it’s so awkward to use having to speak “Vera Concierge” all the time or setup shortcuts for each device. The level of interest in this forum seems minimal. I don’t see this getting much better anytime soon. I’m tempted to pull the plug on my Vera and go with a Samsung hub. At least that is directly supported by Google.

My son in law has ST. He also has google home. It is not all rainbows and bubble gum based on his experience. He has is currently struggling with ST talking to his TV that has a built in google chromecast (or whatever) Point is, I totally get moving to ST but be aware there are issues on that side of the fence. His struggles have kept me with Vera…not because ST is bad, but because his experience suggests some similar issues with home automation.

I think the upside with ST is that it is officially supported. Hoping VC gets there soon.

I only have switches. No smart TV or desire to automate much more except a warning that my garage door is open. I also have the UI5 Vera so I doubt they will be updating that if they do start supporting Google Home down the road.

I was reading in the forums and see I am going to have a hell of time unpairing my GE/Jasco switches. Nothing is easy and I know the grass is not greener on the other side but Samsung is a huge player and they have the resources to work with Google and other players. Vera seems to be lost in that arena. Vera itself is totally mum on Google Home support.

@gquiring…agreed. Good luck. Let us know how it goes if you decide to make the jump.

Equally frustrating is no comments from the developer on this issue.

Since no improvements on this issue I went ahead and bought the SmartThings hub. Zero issues connecting the hub with Google Home. It works perfectly and does not require and Java server apps running your PC for the connectivity. I did have some issues getting my GE/Jasco switches to unpair and connect with the SmartThings hub but Samsung support was excellent at getting me all connected.

Since i had a VeraLight I felt it was not going to get updated anyways if Vera someday supports Google Home directly. Good luck on VC everyone.

the agent was disabled by google, Richard is working on it, good luck with smart things hub, my VC works great with everything. sorry, but good luck