I/O Linc and relay modes

I’m using a Veralite with UI7 and a Powerlinc modem.

I’ve wired two IOlincs to control two garage doors. Using the local “set” buttons on each IOlinc to change their configurations, I set each to relay mode “A” which sets the relay to respond to “on” or “off”, but not both. I found this unsuitable due to the latency from having to send multiple “on” and “off” commands, so I changed it to mode “B”, which is supposed to respond to either command.
At least I thought I did.

The only modes Vera seems to recognize are latching and mode “A”.

To confirm it wasn’t my configurations, I downloaded Houselinc to my PC and checked their settings. I can successfully read and write the configurations from Houselinc. I can also set one of my Switchlinc light switches to send both on and off commands to an Iolinc and have it respond appropriately.

When I go back to Vera, same old story. >:(

It should also be worth noting that I can disconnect my pc from the modem and the switchlinc / iolinc test configuration stays intact.

Is anyone using an IOlinc in relay mode B? with the same setup as mine? If so, how did you get the vera to recognize this configuration?

Hi Nestor,

I am trying to figure the state of 2 garage doors – similar to what you are doing. I left mine in Mode “A”, but can’t get any state info within Vera. Did you even get state data from your setup?

No. i used a couple of Ecolink tilt sensors, which are Zwave.

Not being able to change relay modes has been a PITA since I have send an off command to the IOLinc before I can send another command to the door.

Hopefully, this will all be moot when my serial PLM comes in for my ISY 994.