Hunter Douglas Platinum Bridge App

I just set this up. It’s pretty cool.

There is one thing. It takes a long time to send a command. I’ve measured as fast as 45 seconds and as slow as 2.5 mins.

What could cause this? I’ve got a Vera Plus with not very many devices. I just started setting it up today. This is the second app I’ve installed, after the Sonos app. Otherwise, it is really fresh.

When I make a change on the Platinum App, the Vera device status updates immediately. When I send a command from Vera it takes a long time, but then happens.

One interesting anomaly I noticed when I installed it: I have three shades, each installed in it’s own room. One of the blinds imported and 2 of the rooms imported. Each device is there and works, just one as a device and 2 has rooms.

At anyrate, if anyone has seen this or can help me find a solution, I’d appreciate it. I’ve read this thread and have not seen this discussed.

Thanks.

[s]I just tried this, and it is now working as expected. The only thing I changed, is I renamed the devices.

All is good now.[/s]

Today, it is responding really slow.

Any ideas? It works fine from the ipad shade app. Also, Vera updates status instantly when I control it with the app.

One thing I didn’t do is set the IP when I created the device. Somehow it finds it without the IP. Maybe it will work quicker with the correct IP entered.

Is there a way to edit the shade device? Or, a way to delete it and start over?

The generic Shade Device is not system, just the three shades.

Interesting. The shade device showed up on my ios app, but not on the web browser.

at any rate, deleted it and will try again.

Thanks.

I deleted the shade controller from iOS and then recreated it according to the instructions in the first post. In addition, I added a value for IP Address and Mac address, both values from the platinum controller.

It has reapeared on iOS, but not in the web interface. Strange.

The three blinds are there this time. This time it is the three blinds, not the rooms that showed up.

The behavior is the same, minutes after opening or closing it finally responds.

Wow, that doesn’t sound right. For comparison, I’m on an older Vera2, 10 shades in 2 rooms, and it only takes a second or two at the most to react. Hope you’re able to figure out what causes the delay.

Hi Gengen!
I had Remote Support having to clean my files to make room for the most recent upgrade. IN the process they deleted the Platinum Gateway LUA and XML files. After reinstalling I see all my shades appear three times in each room.
I telnet’ed back in and deleted the D_PlatinumGateway.XML etc. Powercycled the box and removed all the Shade devices. Reinstalling the files and rediscovering the shades… works but the result is that is pulls up all previously discovered devices and I have blinds showing 3x for each room .

What file should I go into to fix this?

Many thanks!!!

[quote=“Chapin, post:41, topic:187439”]I just set this up. It’s pretty cool.

There is one thing. It takes a long time to send a command. I’ve measured as fast as 45 seconds and as slow as 2.5 mins.

What could cause this? I’ve got a Vera Plus with not very many devices. I just started setting it up today. This is the second app I’ve installed, after the Sonos app. Otherwise, it is really fresh.

When I make a change on the Platinum App, the Vera device status updates immediately. When I send a command from Vera it takes a long time, but then happens.

One interesting anomaly I noticed when I installed it: I have three shades, each installed in it’s own room. One of the blinds imported and 2 of the rooms imported. Each device is there and works, just one as a device and 2 has rooms.

At anyrate, if anyone has seen this or can help me find a solution, I’d appreciate it. I’ve read this thread and have not seen this discussed.

Thanks.[/quote]

I’m cutting over to Vera from HS this weekend. This is still happening with my platinum controller.

I think it is within Vera. If I execute the commands and wait until vera is done “sending command” and then disconnect Vera from the network, the blind never goes down. If I keep it connected, the blind eventually goes down.

Could this be a setting within Vera that has gotten dorked? I don’t think I’ve tweaked anything in the set up of these devices that would cause this.

Looking for a hunter douglas bridge, This is not going into the Vera app market anytime soon?

Sorry that I have not replied to this thread in a while.

@Chapin, @Pascalw,

The Platinum Bridge app which I posted some time ago sends the same commands as the app on your phone. Please check whether your phone app sees the same blinds, possibly more than once. It should be as fast as the phone and should only take a second or so to actuate. Delays of 45 seconds to 2 minute sounds like there is a problem. In my setup, I needed to add some repeaters in the house in order for the bridge to reach all of the blinds. The repeaters light up whenever there is a command sent to them and they forward it to the blinds.

If you are still having problems, send me a log.
Please edit L_PlatinumShade.lua and un-comment the body of the “log” command. i.e. replace:
– luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " … msg)
with
luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " … msg)

Install the modified file and then send me the output of /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

All of the interesting logs will have the “Platinum Bridge:” prefix and you may have a better idea about what’s happening in your setup.

Gengen

I have uploaded version 1.8 of my Platinum Shade app to the MOS App store. This version resolves a problem with Luminette shades with blades which twist both left and right Setting the shade to 20% closes the shades without twisting the vanes. Setting the shade to 10% or 0% twists the vanes when the shades are closed

PlatinumShade_1.8.zip (10.1 KB)

I just installed v1.8 but it doesn’t work. I’ve had an older version (don’t recall which) that worked fine and which was uninstalled successfully. Even though v1.8 installed successfully it just won’t operate the blinds. The blinds haven’t changed - they’re the same ones that that worked with the older version. The blinds operate just fine from my android app. The installation placed the device in the Living Room which is where it’s supposed to be. I’ve restarted LUA and rebooted Vera but the blinds just won’t operate at all from within Vera. Looking for help please.

@marcjw,

Let’s try diagnosing your problem.

Please download L_PlatimumShade.lua to your computer and eidt it. Around line 35, you will see the following lines

function log(msg)
– luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " … msg)
end

Remove the – so it looks like

function log(msg)
luup.log("Platinum Bridge: " … msg)
end

Then upload it back into Vera using apps → develop apps → lua files.

Then try to use the shades and then send me the resulting LuaUPnP.log and then PM it back to me.
After creating the log, you may want to restore the file to the way it was to avoid cluttering your Vera with lots of logs.

Gengen

Gengen, I was wondering if you are considering making a plug in for the newer HD Shades (V2). I’m assuming your app will only work with the platinum bridge shades

After more than 10 years with a Vera2, I finally upgraded to the Vera Edge and UI7. Installed v1.9 of Gengen’s platinum bridge app, and it worked without any problems. :+1:t2:Thanks again to Gengen, nice work, please keep updating as needed.

Does this app work with the Hunter Douglas Lifestyle APP, the platinum app is the old one, i did try it and it did not work… any suggestions…

can you email me to brokercfms@gmail.com

I am running HD Platinum Shade App (V1.9) on my Vera Plus. The app installs ok and asks me to name the device and room it is in. It also assigns a device #. The problem is that the device doesn’t show up in the devices tab. I can also see the device from the “Getstate insertion tool” in Reactor but there are no associated state variables.
Both the HD hub and the Vera hub are on the same LAN.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

When you create the device, make sure that you specify both the device and implementation XML files. Sometimes Vera does not pick that up correctly.

I didn’t create a device. The HD Platinum App must have created it and assigned a device ID. Can you let me know how to specify the implementation XML files and where I can find these files?

@gengen sorry to bump the old thread here, but I may be missing something as I am unable to find the files attached to your post - where can I find the file attachments?

I ran into this thread today and thought I would point you to the attached files, even though it has been several years ;/. gengen uploaded version 1.8 in July '19 in post 49 of 59 with a .zip attachment.