Here is version 1.3 of my Platinum Bridge App to control Hunter Douglas motorized shades. It will soon be available in the Mios App store but I would like people to try it out. It works on both UI5 and UI7. You need a Platinum Bridge connected to the same LAN as Vera. Use Hunter Douglas’ own Platinum App running on Android or IOS to set up and sync your shades. Install this App on Vera. It will automatically locate your bridge and import all of the shades as Vera shades. There is no further configuration needed.
Version 1.3 addresses an important reliability issue which happens in rare cases when the bridge reboots unexpectedly
Version 1.2 addresses all of the issues brought up by 1.1 users.
- Problems with changing several shades in one scene are now resolved.
- It is now possible to add different types of shades into one Vera room. Make sure that the room names as entered into the Platinum App begins with the room name as enter into Vera. For example, if you have a Vera room named “Rumpus Room” then you can name two different “rooms” in the Platinum app “Rumpus room green shades” and “rumpus Room - Lavender blinds”. Note that case and spaces are ignored when matching names.
- One incompatibility with previous versions. The “crossover point” for switching between opening/closing the shades and rotating the vanes for Luminette, Silhouette and Nanticket shades has been changed from 10% to 20%. This is to more easily allow you to set the vanes to half open/closed with UI5 which allows only 10% increments. (description updated below.)
- Other bug fixes.
Version 1.1 adds several new features.
- support for dual feature shades. Shades with rotating vanes will be fully closed at 20%, half dark at 10% and completely dark at 0%
- Support for top-down/bottom up shades. Both bottom and middle rails will be at their lowest at 0% and their highest at 100%. The shade will be fully closed at 50%.
- Support for intermediate stops as defined from a Hunter Douglas remote control. Pressing the Stop button on the Vera device actually means “intermediate stop.”
- Automatic association into the correct room. If you name your Vera rooms as a prefix of your Hunter Douglas rooms (ignoring case and spaces) the shade devices will automatically be added in the correct room.
- Whole room actions. If a room has two or more shades, an extra " shades" device is created which affects all of the shades in that room simultaneously.
- Better support for auto-synchronizing Vera with any changes that you make in the Platinum app.
There will be a few more improvements moving forward, but I wanted to give people early access to this version as it is pretty functional as it is right now.
Things still to be done:
- Support three-feature shades which can rotate the vanes two different ways.
- Shade-specific icons
- Import and execute Platinum shade scenes
To install the app, simply upload the attached files using the Apps->Develop Apps->Luup files in UI5 or UI7.
Then create a new device
Description: Platinum Shade controller
UPnP Device Filename: D_PlatinumShade.xml
UPnP Implementation Filename: I_PlatinumShade.xml
Restart the Luup engine. You will find a generic “Platinum Shade Controller” device which for now does not have much to do. However, you should also see shade devices created for whatever shades you have set up in you Platinum Bridge. These are standard Vera shade devices and should be controllable by all Vera-compatible apps.