HSM100- strange goings on...and off....and on....and off.....

My HSM100 in my bedroom closet (turns the light on and off) has worked well for almost 1 year. A few days ago, it began to turn the light on and off at will. Then yesterday, it was doing it almost every minute. I pulled the batteries, waited a bit, and then reinstalled them thinking it might have to be reset- but to no avail. Still having the same issues. I’m sitting here writing this watching it go on and off repeatedly!

Would you agree with me that this is a hardware problem? Or could it be something in the software? Is there a warranty on this unit?

Thanks.

Do new batteries help?

Wondering if this is how it freaks out during it’s dying battery moments (which most of us wouldn’t see)

I will let you know in about 10 minutes… ;D

I just changed the batteries. I “assumed” that the other ones were good by the green battery symbol on the UI page. It only had a slight bit of yellow. I checked the actual settings after your post, and it showed “60”, which I take to be 60 percent left. I wouldn’t think with that much juice left that it would trigger the conditions I saw.

But it’s been 5 or 6 minutes since the battery change, and no flashing lights. Crossing my fingers that this solved the problem-but it also makes me concerned that the battery level is showing the wrong value.

Is there a way to hook up a transformer to this unit?

I was looking to do something similar, but haven’t gotten around to it just yet…

Just to add a bit about battery level: The green symbol looks like it’s worthless. On both of my Schlage’s, they symbol is solid green. In reality, one shows 84% and the other 53%… I rely on the symbols to know when I need to replace the batteries. I guess I will just have to dig a bit deeper to get the real numbers.

Thanks for the link. I think I will try one of those solutions for a couple of areas in my home if I can hide the wiring well…

By the way, so far so good. Must have been the batteries. Thanks for the question!!