How to Switch ON and OFF TV using verlalite and AutHomation Voice control.

I have my TV ( Samsung ) connected to Intermatic CA3500 Z-Wave Wall Receptacle Directly. I want the ability to turn It on and off using voice control ( AutHomation ). I can not get the TV to turn on automatically, all it does cut power to the TV when I turn it off. I had the T.V connected to a Battery/surge protector and would like to keep it that way.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

You cannot use Z-wave power outlets to turn AV equipment ON - only OFF.
You will most likely have to use an IR controller connected to your network and connected to Vera.
There’s multiple threads on SQ Blaster and GC100IR, etc…

Most TVs have an option buried in the settings menu that is labeled “Auto Power On” or some analogue. This will turn on the TV when it receives power from the intermatic switch. If your TV doesn’t have this option, you’re going to have to use an IR solution as indicated above.

[quote=“kyb2012”]You cannot use Z-wave power outlets to turn AV equipment ON - only OFF.
You will most likely have to use an IR controller connected to your network and connected to Vera.
There’s multiple threads on SQ Blaster and GC100IR, etc…[/quote]
Have you looked at the Samsung remote. @Antor and other were previously looking at the issue being discussed here:

App found here;

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2248

Samsung smart TV’s do not support turning on over the network, only off. so ir via a itach ip2ir might be your only option to turn on via vera.

I just had a look at Roomie forum to see if they were any other help. Below is an extract. Other post state very clearly it doesn’t work for all tv and differences between US and EU variations. I don’t own a Samsung but it may assist someone.

http://www.roomieremote.com/news/tv-ip-control-ces2013/

Hi

?They [Samsung] knew exactly what we were asking about and were quite clear they would continue to support power via Bluetooth and Infrared only and not IP which means another year of hobbled Samsung TVs?

I?ve managed to enable IP ?Power On? for my Samsung EU55ES8000, I think this will work for all 21012 Smart Hub models.

Using the remote?

[SMART HUB Button] →
[TOOLS Button] →
?Settings? →
?Account Manager? →
?Set Remote Access? →
?Remote Scheduler? →
?On??.

A message will be displayed?

??.With remote access on, your TV will go on standby even when turned off?..?

Click ?OK?

You may need to setup a Samsung Account to do this, I?m not sure as I already had one set. However, once the ?Remote Scheduler? is set ?On? the Samsung IP Server does not turn off when the TV is powered Off and Roomie can ?Power On? the TV over IP, no need for infrared.

there is this option that you can set in the samsung tv for remote scheduling causing the tv to stay on standby rather then off, then you can send a page up to the tv with the samsung remote plugin to turn it on. but it doesnt work all the time and i dont know if its going to screw up the tv as its in ON status when you switch it OFF with a z-wave switch.

edit: brientim beat me to it :smiley: . yes you need a samsung account for it and works on EU es8000s tv. the bluetooth power-on works with old smart view app but newer app lacks this function.

i am a newbie i can suggest what i have done for my set up
option 1) samsung galaxy s4 comes with in build IR blaster can work with it but no voice control
option 2 ) i am using griffin techology’s beacon for andriod ( ir blaster) ( its comes for iphone but they are seperate devices iphone device cant be used with android) its compatible with autohomation and vera mobile.
3) it can connect to xbox or playstation 3 where it can set up to turn on tv once the system is on (gaming console can be controlled by connecting to IR blaster)
4) global cache’s iTach can connect IR to wifi and then can be configured with autoHomation to work with voice controls
i hope this answers ur question . i know the above answer may not be the smartest answer you get in this forum . but its some of the solutions i came up with while trying work it out my veralite

Its a bit overkill and expensive but a kwikwai CEC controller can do it over HDMI. I control a TV and AV receiver this way, and have a very rudimentary plugin that can control actions for on/off, mute, volume and HDMI input selection.