How to simply create a remote control in SQ Remote via Vera2, UI4 and USBUIRT?

Hello, as i have seen that the remote creation feature in ui4 does not work correctly i purchased SQ Remote for iPhone.

Now there is the problem. I just want to create an own remote control for my tv, media receiver, hdd mediaplayer and other infrared controlled devices in an EASY way, without buying the Puck (Because i have USBUIRT).

I don’t want to create hundreds of scenes, each with one pronto code for assign my remote control in SQ Remote with makros.

Can i use my USBUIRT like the puck? I don’t think so…

I love SQ Remote for my Z-Wave devices, but i bought it to control all my infrared controlled devices with the iphone easily.

Can you help me?

P.S. i also have iVera :wink:

I believe that devices you have setup in Vera UI2 as IR devices and USBirt will show up as IR controlled devices on SQ REMOTE. I am not sure if this works with UI4.

I have not tested this for a while, and I no longer have a USBirt (I lent it to someone). I have an SQ Blaster instead ;). Big issues as you know is the available codes and database for these types of devices and the response time on commands… SQBlaster merges two of the largest and richest code databses as well as having great learning and response times. One of the reasons we decided to create SQ Blaster was to solve many of the issues you see with solutions such as the Vera/USBirt combination.

If you can still use USBirt in UI4, then in SQ Remote ‘add’ an AV button as the control type, and when you ‘assign’ it should show the Vera controlled device and commands.

If this doens’t work for you, create a ticket in the Square Connect ticket system, and we’ll follow up directly.

Mat

[quote=“Ener, post:1, topic:166716”]Hello, as i have seen that the remote creation feature in ui4 does not work correctly i purchased SQ Remote for iPhone.

Now there is the problem. I just want to create an own remote control for my tv, media receiver, hdd mediaplayer and other infrared controlled devices in an EASY way, without buying the Puck (Because i have USBUIRT).

I don’t want to create hundreds of scenes, each with one pronto code for assign my remote control in SQ Remote with makros.

Can i use my USBUIRT like the puck? I don’t think so…

I love SQ Remote for my Z-Wave devices, but i bought it to control all my infrared controlled devices with the iphone easily.

Can you help me?

P.S. i also have iVera ;)[/quote]@Ener, yes you can do this and it’ll work with SQremote fine.

I can walk you through trying to create the plugin (its a bit of a hack) but it will work fine but involves a lot of work. After the past year doing this for some of my AV devices I can tell you that the puck makes this a lot easier!

Thanks @strangely

Might be worth posting an entry on the SQ Remote wiki…?

Mat

Will do Mat! by the way off topic but the puck plugin that @guessed wrote isn’t playing nice with the MIOS IR plugins anymore for me (recent firmware perhaps?), and despite the puck blasting, 95% of the time the commands aren’t understood by my DirecTV box or my HP TV…however independent Puck/SQremote control of these work fine.

I was using this for Vera to automate turning on my bedroom TV in the morning and obviously the puck doesn’t support scheduled commands! (I’ll add this as a feature request perhaps)

Its not a big issue anyway as I’ll either be writing an RS232 plugin for the HPTV, or replacing it with something that has HDMI-CEC control. For others, I guess MCV will be releasing their own plugin that can use the inbuilt database anyway!

Thx for your answers. The problem is, even if i want to add for example a tv, it does not download the plugins while i get an error. Second problem is the compartibly for devices like my iptv media receiver of t-home and such infared controlled led-stripe. I don’t know how to create such devices in vera for using them in sq remote?!

Like I said I can walk you through the plugin creation or get you going perhaps.

Do you even get the test screen when you first try to create an infra-red plugin?

What are the devices you want to control? Manufacturer and model etc!

I even get an download error in the status field on the top-right when i want to install a tv plugin for example.

I want to remote:

• MR300 IPTV Receiver (T-Home)
  • LG 37LH4900 TV
  • No Name Multimedia HDD Player
  • No-Name LED Stripe

Such No-Name devices i can set up by saving the Pronto codes if you want…

Do you have any of the pronto codes already?

Yes i have.

Okay so lets try a test run for the LG TV for power.

Can you attach all the pronto codes to a text file here? If not then just paste either the toggle power or one of the power discretes for on or off here and i’ll make you a test plugin for for the TV. If it works for power then the rest is just a matter of copy and pasting the rest of the codes into the right place in the xml files.

I will expand on this later in a more step by step approach but basically you’ll upload the two xml files to vera in the MiOS developers screen, and then you’ll have to create a device from it. After that you’ll need to edit the newly created plugin (in the vera dashboard) with the the IODevice number of your USB-UIRT

Once the power is confirmed as working then all you have to do is re-upload the final xml again(the one with all the pronto codes again to overwrite the old one)

The Pronto Code for On/Off is 0000 006D 0022 0002 0156 00AB 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0015 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 0041 0015 05F2 0156 0056 0015 0E4C

The pronto code seems to match another one for on/off thats listed against an IR plugin already created (which I’ve attached).

Give it a try and if you can follow the instructions I wrote before then try to upload, create the device and assign the correct IODevcie (now listed as infrared transmitter Variables in UI5) for your USB-UIRT then you should be in business! If you need it more detailed then let me know.

Just be aware that you might have to save once or twice after for it to become active and you’ll also need to make sure that SQremote quits (not backgrounded) and restarts (if you have iOS4.X) in order for it to pull the new device info in.

@Ener, did you have any luck?

Sorry, my vera bricked so i have to have another. tried fw down and then upgrade but works for some minutes and then no connection. I downgraded and updated because when i installed a plugin (what worked for me bevor) then nothing happend when i pressed any button in sq remote. But when i created a scene with pronto code it worked. I dont know how to let the customer service work on my vera when there is no connection… mh

Bummer, I expect they’ll want to get you to try the factory reset and take it from there!

facory reset does not worked for me.

Hi,

I read your post and are more interesting. I want also to have a IR command, as it is not available in the Vera list.

Simply question: I would simply run a pronto code from from a scene: should I create the xml files and the device, or can I simply execute it from luup or similar?

I have a USBUIRT.

Thank you guy for the support.
Matteo

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4073.msg21233#msg21233