How to Pass device info to the Notification?

I’m trying to make my Notifications more robust, hopefully without needing to create a ton of new ones.

Example of existing Condition…

SleepMode AND (PlayRoomMS_armed or MediaRoomMS_armed or OfficeMS_armed or MudRoomMS_armed or GarageMS_armed or Garage2MS_armed or LivingRoomMultiMS_armed)

I’d like to have the Notification pass through WHICH device was True so i know which motion sensor is getting triggered.

It this possible / how?

thx

You can use Conditional Logic (with PLEG expressions) determining which String you pass to the VeraAlert SendAlert action.

I learn best by example :slight_smile: … Can you point me to a posted example? I’d like to have the name of motion sensor(s) that were tripped listed in the Vera Alert Notification. So I suspect it would be something that looked at the MS status for each.

thanks!

I Have a similar PLEg for all my sensors , to check when I leave my house and doors - windows are closed.

Maybe this helps for you as well.

For every sensor 2 triggers ( open and close)
and a virtual switch which triggers it all , for when I want to check what is open and close.

Condition which sends me a notification when all sensors are in the correct state, including timers to have a bit of a delay:Z_check_sensors and ( Z_check_sensors ; ! Timer_xx_seconds) AND Z_frontdoor_closed and Z_frontdoor_locked_good and Z_Bathroom_window_closed and Z_Garage_closed AND Z_Window_living_left_closed AND Z_Window_living_right_closed AND Z_Window_kitchen_closed AND Z_Window_corridor_dwn_closed AND Z_Window_bedroom_closed

And for every sensor another condition which sends me a notification if the sensor is in the other position:

Z_check_sensors and Z_Bathroom_window_closed_fail

Cor

@Cor, you have separate notifications for each sensor - this is what I’d like to avoid. For my Condition (above), I’d like to have a single Notifications that tells me which sensor is tripped. I have over 50 sensors, to create a condition and notification for each is tedious and if I need to change/add anything a major PITA especially with how buggy Vera is to add/change/save message overrides.

I think here is the answer:

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,40136.msg298245.html#msg298245]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,40136.msg298245.html#msg298245[/url]

Cor

Richard, I cannot find any examples of what I want to do.

example…

CONDITION
PlayRoomMS_armed or MediaRoomMS_armed or OfficeMS_armed or MudRoomMS_armed or GarageMS_armed or Garage2MS_armed or LivingRoomMultiMS_armed

NOTIFICATION
These sensors tripped, OfficeMS_armed, MudRoomMS_armed

do you have example code? thx