How to Notify on a sensor state tripped for XX minutes?

This might be more of a Luup/Vera question than a Vera Alerts question.

I’d like to get a Vera Alert notification when a door/window sensor is Open (Tripped) for more than 10 minutes.
And then a second notification when the situation is resolved (sensor closed), but only when the first one was indicated.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Basically, if the garage door is opened/closed briefly, no sweat. But, if it’s open for an hour, that’s noteworthy.

I haven’t found a way to do it with Scene/Trigger/Notification, but I could have missed something. Seems like it would be easier to do in Code. Any examples of this?

I have a solution pending … if you can wait 1 week.
It’s in my next update to Program Logic Event Generator

If you look at the feature requests you might be able to guess how this will be accomplished.

Excellent.

I’m patient… just getting started hooking things up, and have some Christmas lights to mess with in the meantime.
I’ll keep an eye out for the update.

Also think about using the Countdown Timer plugin.

I have upgraded the Program Logic Event Generator and the shared plugin Program Logic Core
I now have support for absolute times in the sequence expressions.
So you can write condition expressions like:

DayEntry = 08:00:00;GaragOpened;20:00:00 
   NightEntry =    (GarageOpened;08:00:00) or (20:00:00; GarageOpened)

Also I have support for the keyword NOW for the sequence expressions.
GarageLeftOpen = DayEntry AND (GarageClosed;GarageOpened;NOW > 30:00)
GarageAutoClose = NightEntry AND (GarageClosed;GarageOpened;NOW > 5:00)

If you leave the garage open for greater than 30 minutes this will trigger.
If you have the Garage Door Plugin you can use the Auto Close trigger to close it behind you.

I know this is old. I am trying to do the exact same thing. I don’t need different times for day/night. I just want a notification if my garage door is open for more than 5 minutes.

I currently get a notification each time it opens.

I installed the app from above, but have no clue as to how to go from there.

Thanks

Start with:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

I looked at the 22 page document. I have no idea how to even enter any of that. I appreciate the detail in the document, but have no idea whrlere to start. I looked at the examples, but am still clueless.

I have programmed in C, VB, Powershell, SQL, etc. But need a little more direction ln this. Where do I enter this stuff? I don’t understand the relationships.