How to manually add IR device in Vera Dashboard and control via SQ Blaster plus?

Hi guys, I’m hoping someone can help me with this (as support from square connect appears to have vanished entirely).
I’m using Veralite and was hoping to use SQ Blaster plus to compliment the home automation system with IR device control.
I am able to set up the SQ Blaster, control z-wave devices via Mios support in SQ Blaster remote HD.
Unfortunately I have been very unsuccessful (to say the least) in making my SQ Blaster to learn new IR commands. (apparently not an uncommon issue as I read from this forum)

Seeing that there’s now virtually no support from Square connect, I’ve been trying to see if I can manually add the IR device via Veralite.
I’ve been able to add SQ Blaster plugin onto my Veralite dashboard, got all 4 IR Aux channel loaded and appears to be in good functioning order.

The device I’m trying to control are Velux skylights using WLI160 IR remote control. I’ve got the prontocodes for both opening and close (which is probably all I need really). I just don’t know what the next step should be? Somewhere in this forum mentioned that I should backup my SQ blaster config to box.net and change things from there, trouble is SQ remote HD doesn’t even communicate with box.net properly nowadays. And I’m extremely confused with this whole Luup plugin thing. Can anyone please guide me through it?

Before going too far, you’ll want to check that the IR Codes that you have actually work correctly via SQBlaster.

The easiest way to do that is to create a Scene using one of the Channels of your SQBlaster. This will either be the primary channel, or one of the AUX ones if they’ve been wired up with an IR-Emitter (that’s close to the Skylight)

In Vera’s Scene creation dialog, select to create an Advanced Scene (varies by UI version), and select either the Parent SQBlaster Device, for the puck itself, or one of the SQBlaster Aux Devices, representing the IR-Emitter that you’ve attached to the Puck.

Next, select the Action of “SendProntoCode”, and you’ll be presented with a field that you can use to enter the ProntoCode that you’ve gotten.

Add, and Save this scene.

Now Manually Run this scene, and the Puck will be notified to send the IR/Pronto Code. If the Pronto Code you have is correct, and the IR-Emitter is “close enough” to the IR-Receiver on the Velux, then this should open, or close, the Skylight.

Sorry for the late reply. But may I say, OMG, Guessed, you are awesome!!
Totally fixed the problem, I was able to add scenes with specific ir code to practically any equipment (within the blasting range of the SQ blaster of course).
I wonder why this method was never mentioned anywhere else in this forum, could have saved a lot of heartache I imagine :slight_smile:
A huge thank you again!!

Cool, glad it’s working for you.

The longer process involves putting these IR/ProntoCodes into a set of [tt]D_xxxx.xml[/tt] and [tt]I_xxxx.xml[/tt] files. This is done for re-use, since you can then refer to the Pronto codes via a name (etc). If you’re only going to use them once or twice (or keep good notes 8) ) then you don’t need to go down that path.

Anyhow, sharing the codes that you have may help someone else, so you may want to post the Pronto Codes you’re using just in case someone else has the same IR-Controlled kit.