How to get Honeywell Thermostat to adjust by the full degree and not half

I noticed that ever since I added the Honeywell thermostat to UI7, that adjusting the temperature result in 0.5 value adjustments. The thermostat doesn’t support half degrees. This forces you to click…wait (for command to process)…click again, to get the full value of a single degree.

How do you fix it so each click results in a full degree?

(Update, I added a screenshot)

In the screenshot, I want the temp to drop from 78 straight to 77. (Not 77.5)

I find this a little irritating as well, but haven’t dug into it yet.

I assume you are referring to UI7 web interface. I use both VeraMate and sometimes the Vera iOS app on my phone. VeraMate has a vertical dial to change the temperature to a desired number. No 1/2 or whole degree. The Vera iOS app has a circular scroll which also allows you to change to a particular temperature.

If you do not want to use phone apps, you could create a +1 and -1 scene that move the temp up and down by a degree. Not very elegant but (maybe) less annoying than 0.5.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:3, topic:196575”]I assume you are referring to UI7 web interface. I use both VeraMate and sometimes the Vera iOS app on my phone. VeraMate has a vertical dial to change the temperature to a desired number. No 1/2 or whole degree. The Vera iOS app has a circular scroll which also allows you to change to a particular temperature.

If you do not want to use phone apps, you could create a +1 and -1 scene that move the temp up and down by a degree. Not very elegant but (maybe) less annoying than 0.5.[/quote]

The new version of the iOS app is an improvement, but this only appeared in the last couple of weeks, I believe. The web interface is still problematic.

Ya, I was hoping you can just adjust or add a variable to the device that would change the way to reacts to a click on those buttons.

As for the mobile side, Vera’s official app does the same thing as it is the same interface on a smaller screen really. I don’t want to switch apps. I am fine with Vera’s own app. I just want the device itself to respond with whole numbers who it will work on all ends. No special scenes, no alternative apps, etc.

[quote=“TheSaint, post:5, topic:196575”]Ya, I was hoping you can just adjust or add a variable to the device that would change the way to reacts to a click on those buttons.

As for the mobile side, Vera’s official app does the same thing as it is the same interface on a smaller screen really. I don’t want to switch apps. I am fine with Vera’s own app. I just want the device itself to respond with whole numbers who it will work on all ends. No special scenes, no alternative apps, etc.[/quote]

The current version of Vera’s iOS app has the scroll dial - no more buttons. If you’re using iOS, update the app to get the new version.

Here is shot of the current app.

I should have mentioned that I am using Windows Phone ^^

Replace phone, strike any key. :slight_smile:

Replace phone, strike any key. :)[/quote]

Hahaha. Sadly, I do agree. I have been Windows for years. I have the 950XL right now and it blows away everything else in my opinion (this comment based on the interface and the fact that the hardware in this phone screams so nicely in performance). I absolutely love it. However, there is no point in owning a fancy 1.5 million dollar Bugatti car with an extremely functional/fancy touch screen dashboard interface…if nobody supports gas for it. I reached my limit of hearing “sorry, we don’t have an app for Windows Phone”. The next phone will more than likely be the Galaxy 8+ if I find the right deal.