How to - Create virtual devices on Ezlo platform

I’ve just tried creating a new virtual device on my Ezlo Atom and that has worked OK.

However I cannot create a new device on my Ezlo Plus hub.

This is the Atom:

I then used the Vera mobile app connected to the Atom and I can see this new Test switch. Cannot actually make it turn ON however. But its there, its also visible in the new web GUI, same in there I cannot turn on the Test switch either.

Back to the Ezlo Plus it looks like the plugin is installed as its files are there:

Looking in this log file ha-extensions_manager.log in this folder /tmp/log/firmware after trying to create the virtual device I am seeing this:

2021-04-27 19:30:03.778688 INFO : Running plugin script: HUB:test_plugin/scripts/generate_devices
2021-04-27 19:30:03.779268 WARN : Plugin test_plugin is not registered

Just rebooted the Ezlo Plus hub and now I see this in the same log file, so it looks like the plugin is starting OK.

2021-04-27 19:33:17.626022 INFO : Plugin started: test_plugin-1.0.719
2021-04-27 19:33:17.639362 INFO : init: GatewayPlugin: the gateway (test_plugin) got registered for the plugin (test_plugin-1.0.719)
2021-04-27 19:33:17.650416 INFO : Plugin: request to start the plugin (test_plugin-1.0.719, HUB:test_plugin/scripts/startup)

I then used the Online API Tool again and attempted to create a new device.

And this time its bloody working !

I saw this in the log file

2021-04-27 19:36:48.948960 INFO : Running plugin script: HUB:test_plugin/scripts/generate_devices

And a new virtual device has been created on the Ezlo Plus.

Wish I rebooted it earlier it would of save me a lot of hassle and time !

I can see this new device in UI1, its called it TestSwitch_2 for some reason. The one created earlier on the Atom is named “TestSwitch”.

I can turn this one on and off OK also, so all good.

This is UI1 for the Atom:

I cannot turn that virtual device on or off, maybe the Atom does not fully support this test plugin ?

Does anyone have a link to a list of devices, i.e. “device_type” that we can create?
I am thinking about using this to trigger a scene based on my home mode by setting sensors in the mode configuration. I’m thinking about using a door/window virtual sensor for this.

Hello @rlargent.
On the second page of the attached PDF, you can find the following list of supported devices:

Regards!

VirtualDevices_API.pdf (87.7 KB)

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you

1 Like

Hi, is still working method 2? Trying to create a virtual plugin but nothing at the moment.

Should do but haven’t tried it recently. Maybe I’ll try and create a new device tomorrow.

@lord55

Don’t think method 2 ever worked to install the plugin, use method 1 instead and SSH terminal and run the install commands.

Thanks a lot, you save a lot of time to all the community! Method 1 is working to create virtual devices.

Seems that “Manage Alexa” and “Manage Alexa Ezlo”" doesn’t show virtual switches on the device list. Is it a bug?

Manage Alexa for Vera firmware hubs certainly does expose virtual devices to the Alexa voice assistant platform.

As for “Manage Alexa Ezlo” I’d have to double check and test, but I’d assume it does also.

@lord55

I’ve just exposed an existing virtual switch device I previously added to my Ezlo Plus hub, by using the home.getvera.com Web portal page for “Manage Alexa Ezlo”.

And Alexa just announced it had found a new device called “TestSwitch” and I can also see and control this virtual device switch in the Alexa app.

So I’d say Yes, Virtual devices created on an Ezlo hub in this current manner, can be exposed to the Alexa voice assistant and also to Google Home.

At the moment seems that Alexa and Voi is not working as expected for many. Opened a jira support and seems that they know this issue;

About GarageDoor, is this a relay switch? I did a test using also “scope” from reactor and seems that it does nothing, at least I can’t use it in the same scene where I have a relay switch from Switchboard Plugin and I can’t control a phisical realy.

Has anybody noticed that thermostat virtual device is not working at all? you can switch the mode but not the setpoint temperatures.

Still problem with Alexa, to recognize new virtual devices on EzloPlus.
At the moment I have one on testing, Alexa can’t change virtual dimmer from any level to 0.
When I put it to 100%, takes many seconds. The test is done using virtual dimmer on Vera and in the same time on EzloPlus.
In MSR it never takes 100%, only 99%.
Still understanding how to use garagedoor, seems it never goes ON. is there an example?
Thanks in advance

Please confirm the virtual dimmer device you have on the Ezlo Plus how did you create that virtual device?

Did you create the virtual device using the Online Api tool as in this thread?

And that virtual dimmer device on the Ezlo Plus you cannot expose it to the Alexa voice assistant and it doesn’t appear in the Alexa app?

Hi, virtual devices are creating with test_plugin (method 1 with ssh) and then with apiTools.
From ManageAlexa, under the list ezlo hub, they are not in the list to be selected and also scenes don’t appear.
In EzloAlexaManage appear some of them, but not all the devices.
Then on Alexa app on android they result not available, in red circles, so can’t control them

I’ve just created a new Dimmer virtual switch on my Ezlo Plus hub and it has NOT appeared in the “Manage Alexa Ezlo” web portal setup page. So I cannot expose it to the Alexa app.

I also checked in the other portal page “Manage Alexa” which should be for Vera firmware hubs and the new dimmer virtual device is not listed in there either.

These voice assistant web portal setup pages have been broken for years and it seems they are getting worse and worse as now I cannot even load the “Manage Google Home” page at all and that is the one I mainly need to use for my production Vera Plus hub and my Google Home setup.

Now We are in two. I hope that someone from Ezlo Staff can work on this problem.

Alexa just spoke out and said it has found “TestDimmer_2” took a very long time to appear but it just has.

Alexa app

I set the virtual dimmer to 50% in the Alexa app and its also now 50% in the Vera app.