how to configure SQBlaster with Vera

Hi guys,

i just got my replaced working SqBlaster after long wait due to the power adapter issue which burned off the whole unit when i first turned on.

now i am having problem configuring the sqblaster to work with vera.

I had installed the sqblaster plugin, and was able to detect it as running. but how am i going further?

have gone through the guide but it is not clear. would appreciate if someone can give a step by step details guide.

:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am struggling with the same issue so any help is welcome

I attached a picture of what the plugin should show once you have it installed and configured.

Once you have that, you can add IR devices. You’ll need the latest firmware for this (version 1.5.408).

Create an IR device by doing the following:
“Devices” tab → “Add devices” subtab → Click “Add” for “Add IR device”
Vera will then walk you through the steps, first selecting a blaster, then choose “Guided setup” and see if you find the device/manufacturer/setting that works.

Once you have the IR device added, in any scene, you can add commands to send via the “Advanced” tab when creating/editing the scene.

For example, to make a “TV off” scene:
“Automation” tab → New Scene
Click “Advanced” tab
For each command you want to add:
In the “Pick a device” dropdown, choose the new IR device you added above, and click “Add”
Go to the device, and choose the command you want to send
Save the scene, wait for LUUP to restart/configure, and try to run the scene.

*Note: If you make more complex scenes like “Watch DVD” you may need delays (turn receiver on immediately, wait 3 seconds, change the input to DVD, etc). These delays are handled the same way in the “Advanced” tab as they are for all other scene items. If the drop down is set to “immediate” then Vera will send them as quickly as possible, one after the other. If you need a delay, you can create the delay, and assign commands to the different intervals by choosing a different delay from the dropdown before hitting “Add” for the device.

thanks bro, the guide is indeed very clear and useful. I am able to get them to work.

but several question in mind

1. i have got 4 devices created when adding the sqblaster plugin. which is IR AUX channel 1,2,3 and 4. What is this for and can i remove it?
  2. i have a York Airconditioner and a KDK fan which not able to find from the list in vera, what is the possible way to learn and enter the IR code?
  1. The 4 devices are for the 4 addressable IR blasters. I don’t know if/how they can be removed.
  2. You can “learn” codes, but I will have to revisit how. It’s more complex, and back when I did it, I used SQRemote, box.net. and copying the hex codes.

Do you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)? If so, did you buy SQ Remote LITE or SQ Remote HD? If so, you can use those to “learn” the commands to import into Vera.

I am currently using SQ Remote Lite, which i still dont find a reason to spend money to buy SQ Remote HD yet.

do you mind to share in details how to “learn” the commands and import to vera?

thanks

I will see what I can do later on. It will be a learning curve for me again. :wink:

One thing I do know
you need to backup/store your configuration box.com. Are you doing that already?

If not, sign up at http://www.box.com for an account (the free account is fine). Then, in SQ Remote LITE, save your configuration to box.com (something like Setup → Backup/Share → Save). Then you can go to box.com in a browser, and see the files you just saved.

Then, in SQ Remote LITE, program/learn a button (or buttons) for the A/C. Once you have them programmed/learned, re-save your configuration to box.com.

From there, I will have to go home and figure things out later.

:slight_smile: thanks first

I already have the below done

1. use SQ Remote Lite to learn all my IR code which does not exist in the library
  2. registered www.box.com and performed the SQ Remote Lite config backup into it.
  3. downloaded the backup xml file from box.com to my computer
  4. downloaded the I_Codeset_xxx.xml from vera

and now having problem not understand how to read the codes and combine all of them together.

wonder the steps above correct and coming?

This will just send IR commands in scenes, not create a device the long way, with clickable buttons.

For me, this is enough for those items that aren’t already done by MCV:

After you download the items from box.com:

1. Look in “PackageDevices.xml” to locate your device, and make note of the “key” parameter
should be “devXXXXXXXXXX” where XXXXXXXXXX is a sequence of numbers.

2. Open devXXXXXXXXXX.xml (replace XXXXXXXXXX with your value)
    This file has all the buttons you programmed for that device.

3. For each button learned, look at the “ir_data” field. Mine is:
    ir_data="L4b 14800 d2060276 fd890276 e0d0276 d700c4 2890069 2e30027 3253254 33312232 23333330 22322333 33312232 23333331 22322333 23333122 32233333 31223223 33333122 32233074 L19 11600 d3030279 e0a0279 d400d3 27a8c11 21122222 20e30027 "

4. In the desired scene (or create a new one, name it, etc)
    A) Set the time delta (immediate, 5 seconds, 1 minute, etc)
    B) Go to the “Advanced” tab
    C) For “Pick a device” - choose your SQ Blaster and hit “Add” (this will add a blank entry for the blaster)
    D) Where it says “Please select” change it to “SendProntoCode”
    E) Enter the value of “ir_data” from step 3 (just the part in the quotes)
    Repeat A-E for each IR command you want to send

5. Hit “Confirm Changes” then “Save” and wait for LUUP to restart

the steps given only apply to scenes right?

if i want to add to the device, how am i going to do so?

thanks

Hi PurdueGuy,

I have been playing around with this for whole 2 days. by following your guide, i was able to send IR command by using scene. this is wonderful. all thanks to you.

However this is very hard to manage, i have alot of devices to bring up and i always confused with what the pronto codes are doing due to no description field to maintain.

I will still prefer to add as a device if possible, and then only assign them into the scene. ;D

so have you figured out how to create a device for this? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I did, but when I found this way, I just saved off all the pronto codes to a text file, and copied/pasted! Since MCV supplied IR codes for my Denon receiver and Samsung TV, I only have to maintain a couple codes.

I looked into creating an IR device earlier, I’ll see what I can resurrect.

For everyone that is trying to get SQ Blaster to work with Vera

The very best way to do this is with SQ Remote HD
 that is what SQ Remote was created for
 if you need to use IR control with scenes then you WILL need the plugin (third party development).

There are several good threads on how to get the plugin working in this forum
 you can also try and contact its maker (aka “guessed”)

MiCasaVerde have said on many occaisons that they would create a plugin
 but nothing so far.

John