How to associate Aeon Labs contact sensor with lights?

I would like to have garage door lights to turn on for 5 min (GE ON/OFF Z-Wave switch) when the door Open/Close contact sensor (Aeon Labs) is disconnected (garage door is opened) and then 5 more min after being connected (garage door is closed).

I can do this by creating a Scene. But is it possible for these two modules to work together even if someone just open the garage door using Associations (without selecting the Scene)?

The Aeon Door/Window sensor does appear to support association but the published documentation does not show which Group IDs it uses. Maybe some other member will be able to help with this.

If you directly associate the sensor with the light switch you will lose control of the on-time, of course. The light will just follow the state of the sensor.

@RexBeckett is correct. There is no way to have a delay with directly associated devices in this case. Using associations, The door sensor will turn the light on, immediately after the door opens and it will turn it off the second that the door closes.

The Aeon Labs Door/Window sensor supports Group ID 1 only. There can be up to 5 controlled devices in the group. So, a single door/window sensor could control up to 5 switches.

To implement a delay, such as you requested, you will need to use scenes or the Programmable Logic Event Generator(PLEG) plugin.

Thank you both. I will look into this today and post how it goes here.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:3, topic:178449”]@RexBeckett is correct. There is no way to have a delay with directly associated devices in this case. Using associations, The door sensor will turn the light on, immediately after the door opens and it will turn it off the second that the door closes.

The Aeon Labs Door/Window sensor supports Group ID 1 only. There can be up to 5 controlled devices in the group. So, a single door/window sensor could control up to 5 switches.

To implement a delay, such as you requested, you will need to use scenes or the Programmable Logic Event Generator(PLEG) plugin.[/quote]

I tried direct association and you were right about immediate turn ON/OFF. When you say use Scenes, is it possible to RUN a Scene as a result of the door sensor being tripped? If so how? I am very new to Vera product. Thanks.

@geotech - Create a new scene and then create a trigger using the sensor.

THANKS… You are the best!