How to add a Dooya motor to Vera

i was trying to find some info here on how to add a Dooya RF motor but could not find them, so after searching on the net and many trials, i was able to add the Dooya RF motor to Vera controller and i though i will list the steps here if anybody is facing the same problem:

1 - configure Dooya motor with its own RF remote
2- go to Vera Devices, find your RFXtrx controller, click on the right arrow to open the options
3- Click on New Device
4- in the category list select: DC106, Yooda, Rohrmotor24 RMF
5- type a device name that will show in the vera devices
6- give the device an ID, i used 7 (my lucky number)
7- Select a unit code, i selected 7 too
8- click create
9- Go back to the RFXtrx options page and click on managed devices
10- Select the newly created device
11- now on the Dooya RF remote that you already paired in the first step, you have a programming button named R2 as i remember (or B2!!)
*- Press the programming button on the remote once and the motor will move a little, then press the button again, the motor will move a little again that will put the motor in inclusion mode
12- go back to the RFXtrx page in the managed devices, after selecting the newly created device, in the Command option select Confirm Pair (it should be selected by default)
13- Click on Run button, and the motor will move a little.

Done!

now go back to the devices list in vera page, and search for the newly created device, try up and down, they should be working fine now.

hope i didn’t forget any step along the way :slight_smile:

have a nice day all,

shady

Thanks Shady,

Which Dooya motors did you use ? I am presently installing a few DT82TN on a Vera Lite but are not getting anywhere :frowning:

Paul

Hi Shady - When I press create it says “Vera will reload to validate changes…” - and then just hangs. Is there something I can do, or is this a bug in UI7?

[quote=“shady.hamilton”]i was trying to find some info here on how to add a Dooya RF motor but could not find them, so after searching on the net and many trials, i was able to add the Dooya RF motor to Vera controller and i though i will list the steps here if anybody is facing the same problem:

1 - configure Dooya motor with its own RF remote
2- go to Vera Devices, find your RFXtrx controller, click on the right arrow to open the options
3- Click on New Device
4- in the category list select: DC106, Yooda, Rohrmotor24 RMF
5- type a device name that will show in the vera devices
6- give the device an ID, i used 7 (my lucky number)
7- Select a unit code, i selected 7 too
8- click create
9- Go back to the RFXtrx options page and click on managed devices
10- Select the newly created device
11- now on the Dooya RF remote that you already paired in the first step, you have a programming button named R2 as i remember (or B2!!)
*- Press the programming button on the remote once and the motor will move a little, then press the button again, the motor will move a little again that will put the motor in inclusion mode
12- go back to the RFXtrx page in the managed devices, after selecting the newly created device, in the Command option select Confirm Pair (it should be selected by default)
13- Click on Run button, and the motor will move a little.

Done!

now go back to the devices list in vera page, and search for the newly created device, try up and down, they should be working fine now.

hope i didn’t forget any step along the way :blush:

have a nice day all,

shady[/quote]
Hi Shady,
What protocol is required for Dooya blinds?

Also I am able to fully extend or fully close, none of the % settings seem to work?

[quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:4, topic:195263”]snip
Also I am able to fully extend or fully close, none of the % settings seem to work?[/quote]

I’ve never been able to set blind position using %, it’s a RFXCom thing as there is no Instant Status, ie the Comms are one way only, RFXCom to Motor, there is no position feedback.

[quote=“zedrally”][quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:4, topic:195263”]snip
Also I am able to fully extend or fully close, none of the % settings seem to work?[/quote]

I’ve never been able to set blind position using %, it’s a RFXCom thing as there is no Instant Status, ie the Comms are one way only, RFXCom to Motor, there is no position feedback.[/quote]
Ok thanks for the information, could we perhaps do a simple count (delayed action for the deployment scene) and at desired position, say half way issue a stop command (after 5 seconds =half deployment?)

^^^
You could, I had thought similar for the Awnings, so they retracted as the Sun passed into shadow.
It involved using the Heliotrope PI & PLEG.
I played around with it for a bit until it started to do my head in and gave up. (I couldn’t and still can’t get the properties to evaluate)
IIRC, RTS posted a PLEG Ramp solution for use with a dimmer, which would/should work in your situation.

[quote=“zedrally”]^^^
You could, I had thought similar for the Awnings, so they retracted as the Sun passed into shadow.
It involved using the Heliotrope PI & PLEG.
I played around with it for a bit until it started to do my head in and gave up. (I couldn’t and still can’t get the properties to evaluate)
IIRC, RTS posted a PLEG Ramp solution for use with a dimmer, which would/should work in your situation.[/quote]
Seems a stop command can not be actioned from a scene using the blind, might you know how would I discover luup code used to action a stop command for the blind device in Vera (manually pressing stop on the blind device in Vera works, just need the luup code for this:-/ )

Can’t help with Luup, I’m a PLEG man myself :slight_smile:

Not sure if this helps anyone but I have a scene that deploys the blind and added a delayed action of 20seconds that then turns a virtual switch on. I have also created another scene linked to the virtual switch turning on that runs the following luup:
luup.call_action (“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:WindowCovering1”,“Stop”,{},67)
Which stops the blind about halfway through deployment (67 = device id for the blind )
Just by modifying the delay length I can set a position for the blind (If I don?t want it to be fully deployed)

It’s not working for me, but I have a slightly different setup.

I have a Dooya Sunflower KT320, controlling a curtain track.

I’ve followed the process right up to the pairing step which needs to be different.

Following Section 10.1 of the rfxCom User Guide, I paired the new Vera device with the Sunflower motor, directly, using the program button on the base of the motor. The pairing seems to work, with the motor flashing its LED several times. So I assume that it’s paired.

The problem is that no commands seem to work. Have I got the right Category from shady’s guide.? (“DC106, Yooda, Rohrmotor24 RMF”)

I’ve found the answer for the Dooya KT320. :slight_smile:

The motor has a small button on the bottom for pairing with the remote control. It can also be used to pair with rfxCom.

In shady’s instructions, replace item 11 onwards with this:

1. Hold in the button on the motor for 2 seconds. The green light will come on briefly.
  2. Select the Command ‘Confirm Pair’ in the RFXtrx Managed Devices page (as in shady’s instructions)
  3. The green light on the motor will start blinking. Press the button (from step 11) again, before it stops.
  4. The green light will blink rapidly for a short time, then go out. It is now paired.
  5. Test in UI5.

On my installation, the motor works back-to-front - the close button opens and the open button closes. It’s the same in UI5. This can be taken into account when setting up your Scenes.

Pete