How many PIN Codes can I put in Vera3?

I have a 3 unit building that I use for vacation rental and use a schlage lock on the gate that all renters use. I want to personalize each code for each unit. However it looks like Vera3 is only able to fit 10 codes? Is that right? Is there anyway I can add more than 10 codes?

Thank you in advance!

What UI are you on? And which schlage lock?

I’m on UI5 and have a kwikset and can have a ton. (think it said 80) but I haven’t hit that number yet.

I am on UI 15 and the lock is a Schlage lock, which is supposed to be able to take at least 30 codes. But in Vera itself, it only allows me to store up to 10 PIN codes. Unless I’m doing this wrong??

I just tested mine by adding 15 and its still going. I just add the name then passcode click add. Keeps adding a new row and another password. I don’t know where it’s going to stop but mines more then 10.

EDIT: if it doesn’t work probley has to do with the type of lock you have. What VERA can hold for number of codes is different then what the lock its self can hold. Hopefully someone on here with the same lock can help more. But I can say VERA 3 and UI5 can hold more then 10 for some locks.

Oh you know,when I did it the first time, I went to the ‘advance setting’ and that’s when it stopped adding after 10 PIN Codes. Now when I went to the MIOS page (not the advance setting), it does allow me to add to 13 (and I think I can keep going).
So thank you so much for at least giving me the idea to check differently!

[quote=“jlam2912, post:5, topic:183153”]Oh you know,when I did it the first time, I went to the ‘advance setting’ and that’s when it stopped adding after 10 PIN Codes. Now when I went to the MIOS page (not the advance setting), it does allow me to add to 13 (and I think I can keep going).
So thank you so much for at least giving me the idea to check differently![/quote]

Glad you got it fixed.

If you have an 'Advanced setting page" are you sure your on UI5? is it green or blue?
In UI5 you have devices then under there you have your lock. You click the wrench in the top right. Then click pin codes.

If your screen is all green with an advanced menu way at the bottom your not on UI5.

On the Tab, when I opened "advanced setting’, it says U15 and the page is blue.
But whenever I use Vera, I have to first go to getvera, and then go to Control, where I click on ‘remote access’ and that page bring me to another getvera where the texts are mostly green. And then from there I have to go to ‘advanced setting’ that takes me to U15. I always wonder why Vera makes it so complicated by having 2 different pages…

[quote=“jlam2912, post:7, topic:183153”]On the Tab, when I opened "advanced setting’, it says U15 and the page is blue.
But whenever I use Vera, I have to first go to getvera, and then go to Control, where I click on ‘remote access’ and that page bring me to another getvera where the texts are mostly green. And then from there I have to go to ‘advanced setting’ that takes me to U15. I always wonder why Vera makes it so complicated by having 2 different pages…[/quote]

Your not on ui5 your on probley ui6 or could be ui7 (never tried ui7)

Ui5 you log into cp.mios.com not getvera.com

And when you login there is a green cleaner looking page in ui6 and ui7. When you click on advanced then that brings you what ui5 is normally like. Not laied out as nice but where all the magic happens.

Now that I think of it, I don’t think ui7 has advanced tab either so i’ll bet you on ui6.

This is important to know as even the phone and mobile apps are different. Login is way different so phone apps need to know this.

If your on ui7 you might want to consider downgrading it to solve some of your problems. Seems like you have disconnecting and non responding problems. Before you get to far again into setup you should research that.

Ha. Interesting. Let me look into that tomorrow. Thanks so much for your insight.
I’m a bit worried that changing anything would screw up the setting tho. I’m depending on the vera to work as this is for my vacation rental and I live quite far away.

[quote=“jlam2912, post:10, topic:183153”]Ha. Interesting. Let me look into that tomorrow. Thanks so much for your insight.
I’m a bit worried that changing anything would screw up the setting tho. I’m depending on the vera to work as this is for my vacation rental and I live quite far away.[/quote]

Yes don’t do anything major without being there or you might end up with it not working. Do not down grade unless your there if you even choose to do that.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate your help. Will do so next week and keep you updated, just for the fun of it :slight_smile:

So I decided to make the upgrade for the unit that is closer to me (in my building). I just clicked on ‘upgrade’ for that specific unit. It did something, but then I got the message saying Device failed to upgrade.
When I refreshed, it took me to a new page now, but it looks like the mobile apps. And all the tabs are on the side instead of the Top. Oh and it doesn’t tell me what version I am on. Nothing says U15 or anything.

I just don’t understand why they don’t write more user friendly apps. Like, why can’t they put the notification on the same page as the PIN codes. I see no purpose of having separate tabs for that as I will have to remember the reference number on the PIN Codes to be used for notifications.

And I did try to log into the MIOS one, but it only shows me the unit which is far away from me, not the one I just upgraded. And when I tried to connect on that unit, it took me back to the log in page.

Aaargh… maybe I should see if there is anything better than Vera out there???

[quote=“jlam2912, post:13, topic:183153”]So I decided to make the upgrade for the unit that is closer to me (in my building). I just clicked on ‘upgrade’ for that specific unit. It did something, but then I got the message saying Device failed to upgrade.
When I refreshed, it took me to a new page now, but it looks like the mobile apps. And all the tabs are on the side instead of the Top. Oh and it doesn’t tell me what version I am on. Nothing says U15 or anything.

I just don’t understand why they don’t write more user friendly apps. Like, why can’t they put the notification on the same page as the PIN codes. I see no purpose of having separate tabs for that as I will have to remember the reference number on the PIN Codes to be used for notifications.

And I did try to log into the MIOS one, but it only shows me the unit which is far away from me, not the one I just upgraded. And when I tried to connect on that unit, it took me back to the log in page.

Aaargh… maybe I should see if there is anything better than Vera out there???[/quote]

you might just have problems with reading or following directions. Why did you try and upgrade?

I suggested you “downgrade” to the stable working software which is older and goes by UI5. UI6 comes after UI5. UI7 is the latest that’s out and has some bugs and issues people are trying to work out. By upgrading you installed a newer system but with more problems.

ui6 and ui7 uses getvera.com to login and requires a different login (you have to set it up) then ui5. Which uses cp.mios.com