How do you start

Hi

Just refurbishing my house at this point and have been looking into the Vera+Powermax combination.

I am a bit confused on how it connects together. There are threads mentioning USB to serial converters and I saw a thread mentioning wireless.

On the market place, reading the instructions, it does seem to suggest that buying the powerlink module is a must. Is the powerlink 2 also sufficient?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You

[ul][li]The communication from the PowerMax to the sensors is wireless[/li]
[li]The communication from the PowerMax with the Vera goes via RS232 (use an FTDI USB UART)[/li]
[li]If you are going to use the PowerMax in combination with Vera, then don’t buy a PowerLink 2. They don’t go together (the Vera will offer the functionality of the PowerLink 2 module)[/li][/ul]

[quote=“nlrb, post:2, topic:180210”][ul][li]The communication from the PowerMax with the Vera goes via RS232 (use an FTDI USB UART)[/li]
[li]If you are going to use the PowerMax in combination with Vera, then don’t buy a PowerLink 2. They don’t go together (the Vera will offer the functionality of the PowerLink 2 module)[/li][/ul][/quote]

Thank you, much appreciated. The part I don’t full understand is the USB connection. I assume most people have the panel located in the hallway and having a USB cable hanging in the hallway is somewhat unsightly or am I missing something really obvious in which case I apologise profusely in advance!

Mine is in the meter cupboard alongside the Vera, so a USB connection makes sense. But you can also do RS232 over ethernet if there is a big distance between the two.