How do you configure the VeraEdge to connect to your wifi AP?

I had no trouble changing to a static IP and connecting my Vera3 to my wireless access point but for some reason the VeraEdge refuses to cooperate. What the heck is the trick?

If Vera is hoping to win the hearts of newbies this is not the way to do it.

What hidden trick or step am I missing that is different from Vera2 and Vera3?

Dont have the answer but I can confirm the same behaviour on my VeraEdge :frowning:
I’m lucky that I can run it connected to my router via lan cable, but I tried to configure a fixed IP but It wont aply the changes… :frowning:

[quote=“mcalistair, post:2, topic:184557”]Dont have the answer but I can confirm the same behaviour on my VeraEdge :frowning:
I’m lucky that I can run it connected to my router via lan cable, but I tried to configure a fixed IP but It wont aply the changes… :([/quote]

Well at least I know it’s not like we overlooked something but Vera’s team must have… I can run hard wired too but I prefer to be wireless to hide this box better.

Everyone is having this same issue. For me it can’t seem to find any networks when I click “Scan Networks” and most people are reporting the “Apply Changes” button is not working and actually applying any changes. Read this post…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28779.0.html

Seems to be a major bug with the VeraEdge/ UI7.

[quote=“Melloware, post:4, topic:184557”]Everyone is having this same issue. For me it can’t seem to find any networks when I click “Scan Networks” and most people are reporting the “Apply Changes” button is not working and actually applying any changes. Read this post…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28779.0.html

Seems to be a major bug with the VeraEdge/ UI7.[/quote]

Yes I read through that thread yesterday but it seemed to focus more on ssh.

Like you, I can’t get VeraEdge to display the available local wifi networks on a scan so that ends it for me. Kind of frustrating as this feature should have been tested and working already ??? .

It is far easier and safer to assign the fixed IP address using your router “IP Reservation” function, rather than setting the fixed address inside of Vera. There is another thread here where someone had the fixed address, got a new router, and now cannot get back to Vera. If IP reservation had been used, this would not have been a problem for him.

IP Reservation is implemented differently in the various router models, so you will have to look at your router documentation to see how to do it on your network. Essentially, on your router, you will enter the MAC address of your Vera, and the IP address you want Vera to use.

IP Reservation is also called differently on different models. For example, Linksys calls it “DHCP Reservation”. Again, check your router documentation. Vera, of course, should be set to obtain its IP address from the router (which is the Vera default), but will always receive the same IP address from the router.

[quote=“aa6vh, post:6, topic:184557”]It is far easier and safer to assign the fixed IP address using your router “IP Reservation” function, rather than setting the fixed address inside of Vera. There is another thread here where someone had the fixed address, got a new router, and now cannot get back to Vera. If IP reservation had been used, this would not have been a problem for him.

IP Reservation is implemented differently in the various router models, so you will have to look at your router documentation to see how to do it on your network. Essentially, on your router, you will enter the MAC address of your Vera, and the IP address you want Vera to use.

IP Reservation is also called differently on different models. For example, Linksys calls it “DHCP Reservation”. Again, check your router documentation. Vera, of course, should be set to obtain its IP address from the router (which is the Vera default), but will always receive the same IP address from the router.[/quote]

I agree this is possible but I expect the IP to be set as static at VeraEdge like the rest of my devices. So hey Vera… FIX THE $%^& thing!!! Their final design is like a Beta product by others. UGH. New customers will not warm up to MCV / Vera with stuff like this going on… and that will be a shame.

Chuck